Day 10

"It is disturbing to know what we have created from the used-to-be puppet. Before he spoke with false cheerfulness, yet even with that false reassurance, his brightness still made even the harshest days calm and enjoyable."

"But now..........now he speaks with a genuine cheerfulness, yet no matter how much he smiles upon us, the days only seem to be getting darker and darker."

"Everyday, the same phrases, the same gestures, the same words, and even the same expressions are done repeatedly over and over again."

"When he comes to us, I see you look upon him with pity."

"Why is that?"

"Was it not you, who had ordered the procedure to be done?"

"Was it not you, who ignored the protests of the faculty?"

"Was it not you, who wished to inflict the most cruelest acts upon him?"

"Was it not you, who turned him into what he is today?"

"It is ironic.........that he is the farthest thing from being Human now than he was before."

".........I wonder.......was this the outcome you wanted?"

"The others think so, and I would hope so as well.........."

".......because what's done is done........and no matter how much you regret, grieve, and sulk, you can never undo it."

Excerpt from "Log LTY-09-00"

——————————————————————————

Wandering and wandering, I am ever stuck seeking something that I know nothing about. What used to be a clear goal, has now turned to a distance memory that I no longer recall. The abyss, the void, the darkness that I set my foot on had long consumed it into its ever hungry depths.

Wandering and wandering, I feel the constant stares that stalk me through my entire journey. Echoes of their footsteps, groans from their limbs, and twitches of their eyes watching me were all I could hear.......No.......it was all I could feel, as all of my senses were nonexistent.

No ears to hear.

No nose to smell.

No eyes to see.

No mouth to speak nor taste.

And no body to feel.

Yet, here I am. Feeling my footsteps continue their walk on a ground that does not exist. Knowing the gazes that linger where I can not see. Ignoring the movements that made me shiver and inwardly wish to escape, I ventured further and further in hopes of discovering something—anything—that wasn't the emptiness and void that surrounded me.

Was I even moving?

Was I even heading in the right direction?

Was this straight ahead or straight back?

I had no way to know. I simply kept going and going. Searching for who knows how long, wandering for who knows how far. The only thing keeping me from stopping was the unknown threat that lingered behind that only seemed to grow in number and presence.
Turn to look, turn to find, turn to imagine that there was someone or something to accompany me other than the entities that were always present.

Looking left, nothing.

Looking right, nothing.

Looking up, nothing.