Day 13

(A/n) — 22K words. Ironically, the pacing might be weird in this chapter, sorry about that.

(How Day 12 went for Xavier in a Nutshell)

Malkuth: "Manager! The Abnormalities have gotten loose again! Maybe you should try a little harder to prevent that!"

Yesod: "Manager, a third of our personnel are incapacitated and or dead. Are you even trying to do your job correctly?"

Hod: "Ummm, Manager, I don't mean to alarm you but the situations seems to be getting out of hand at the moment."

Angela: "Manager, judging by my calculations, the chances of reaching the quota in these conditions is less than one percent. Would you like to reset the day?"

*Silence*

Angela: "Manager......what's that smell?"

*Turns around*

Xavier:

(Side Note: If you don't know, this is a parody of the "My Bread Was Burnt To A Crisp" animation meme

(Side Note: If you don't know, this is a parody of the "My Bread Was Burnt To A Crisp" animation meme. Give it a listen while looking at it for the full 'immersion' , I tried to make it on beat so hopefully it fits lol.)

——————————————————————————————
["She was so sad that she had to leave her dear friends behind, so she came up with a brilliant idea!"]
———————————————————————————

3rd POV

He hadn't quite properly registered the words Angela spoke before her departure. Most likely it was because he was too preoccupied in his thoughts to actually hear what she had to say. Sitting here for who knows how long after she had left, the room that the Manager's office was located at was empty and silent. Leaving him alone with only his crushing thoughts to keep him company.

Taking a very much needed deep breath, Xavier slowly rubbed his eyes to clear away whatever stress he could relief himself of. Which did very little as he had a lot on his mind as of late. The severe casualties from yesterday was something that he didn't fully process until now, much less how poor his managing skills actually were.

Maybe it was because it was during the moment or perhaps it was due to how preoccupied he was till now, but the fact that nearly an entire department of staff were killed under his supervision  had nearly slipped his mind was both terrifying and concerning. He could've blamed it on the adrenaline he felt or the wave of relief that washed over him when he completed the day, but Xavier knew deep down within him that he subconsciously knew what he was doing.