16 - Calm before the Storm

"She won thanks to luck." The blue haired man stood up from the dirty couch.

"Nah ah, you saw how she scouted out his weakness and literally dragged him out!" Kaiya objected, pointing with the beer bottle in hand.

"She got to be the explosion boy now. He threated Kurogiri..." He scratched his neck while muttering.

"Tomura Shigaraki, you must keep a level-head." The weird guy up in the back said.

 "Listen, she's a good alley to have. And if I am correct, then she'll do anything to protect our siblings. If we...possibly harm one of them, then she'll run right into your arms. That's her weakness."

"Your willing to do that to your own family?" Kurogiri said, now asking the questions.

"As if they did anything but push me away. They're all worthless nobodies." Kaiya takes a swig of her beer. "It's a good plan, admit it."

"It'll be tricky...we need more members..." Shigaraki said.

"What about the sword guy you brought in a while ago? What was his name Steer?" Kaiya asked, leaning into the cleanest part of the dirty couch.

"He calls himself, 'the Hero Killer: Stain'. He could prove useful." Kurogiri said.

"Ha ha, see even your...foggy butler thinks I'm right."

Shigaraki placed his face over his hands, careful not to use all 5 fingers. He let out a long sigh and reached for the hand that covered his face. He held it in his hands, turning it around and looking at it.
Kaiya made a face and looked between Kurogiri and Shigaraki. She didn't know much about them and she'd only recently joined, but she knew when to hold her tongue. 

When Shigaraki placed the hand back down and rose from the couch, going over to his favourite seat and sitting down, Kaiya chose to speak again.

"I can go get some newbies if you'd like. A hot dude with a mean fire quirk and some teenager out for blood are the top of my list. There a lizard as well and some trans girl."

"Yeah...you go do that...I'll get Stain up in here...then we'll decide on who we'll get."

***

You closed your eyes as you let out the third time. You blinked twice and rubbed your nose. Your classmates looked at you with different looks.

"I swear, I'm not sick." You say, deadpanned.

"You might want to go to Recovery Girl though." Uraraka says. "Just to be sure."

"I can't...I ur- I have my match next." To say you were nervous was an understatement.

Seeing Bakugo fight made you feel completely unprepared and you made a tight chest. Your hands played with each other. Seeing what he did to Uraraka in the very first fight, and that he was probably all riled after the matches, you would have him at his best.
This was going to be hard.

But, you did have some bonus points. You knew he always started with a big old right hook, and you saw the way he held his arm after blowing all the rocks away during the match with Uraraka.

"Um...Y/n?" A voice called to you, you turned to see Midoriya all in bandages. You nodded. "I just thought you might want to know somethings about Kacchan before you fight him, it's ju-"

"Thank you, Midoriya. But, I think I would like to win by myself, I value your thoughts and I thank you for trying to help me out, but I would like to win by myself."

"Ehe, you sound a lot like me!" Uraraka said, rubbing the back of his head.

You smiled at her and stood up. You waved to Midoriya before walking down to the waiting rooms. Present Mic's voice went over the intercom and said random things, nothing interacting your match was about to start.

When you closed the door, you let out a calm breath before-

"Holy shit, what the hell is going on? I'm about to fight BakUGO? Of all people? BaKUGO? I'm going to die! You can dig my grave right now, I'm going to see Freddy's Fazballs in hell!" You collapse on the ground.

Your toes had pins and needles at the brim of them. You were slumped against the door, half on the ground, half on the wall. You propped one leg up while having the other lounge about on the ground.
Your eyes peered all across the room. It was quite a dull room. Blue and grey walls with two tables and chairs surrounded them. The only light source was coming from the single light in the centre of the room.

"AND THATS THAT!" Present Mic made you jump on the ground. "Will out next contestants please come up to the stage?"

Ehehe, I'm going to die...yay-

***

As Y/n walked up to the stage, Bakugo on the other side of her. The crowd was cheering, waiting on the edge of their seats to watch the finals go down. Up in the stands, was the class of 1A.

"Who do you think is going to win?" Momo asked, one leg over the other in a neat and mannered way.

"I hope it'll be Y/n. Bakugo needs to get a slap in the face as awake up call, she'd be pretty good at that. She also might have a chance at winning, she uses her quirk pretty well and it kinda relates to Bakugo's quirk in a way..." Kirishima said, cheering on his friend.

The voices around Midoriya slowly died as he began muttering to himself, talking in big breathes.

"Midoriya, what are thinking about?" Todoroki asked, getting ready to go to the stands when the fight was beginning to end, though it hasn't started yet.

"Kacchan is going to give y/n his all...but I can say the same for Y/n."