24 - Not so Welcoming

As you made your way back down to your house, you had a run in your step. You hadn't seen your siblings in so long and you have no idea what they've been through while you were gone, so you were nervous about that.

As you opened the front gate, you hurried up the 4 stairs and you ran into the house. First thing, the door was unlocked.

"Hello? Putz, Sangwoo? Zee?" You called out, waiting for an answer.

On cue, footsteps came thundering down the hall. You smiled as you dropped your school bag and opened your arms for a hug. Zee ran out with a smile on her face...as well as a bruised nose.
Your smile disappeared for a seconds, but you regained it as she hugged you.

"Zee, hello, I missed you so much-"

"Did you beat any bad guys?" She asked, eyes beaming.

In this house, there is no working TV, no phones, nothing. So she wouldn't have known anything about Hosu or the Hero Killer. Besides, she was a child.

"Yeah, I beat a bad guy up." You tickled her. You then cupped her face. "What happened to your nose, little one?"

"When I went out to get some water, Himo was drinking...he got mad that I was up and..." Her voice trailed off.

"It's okay sweetie. Pain only makes you stronger." You kissed her on her forehead. "Were are Sangwoo and Putzie?"

"Sangwoo got hurt at school, Putzie s taking care of him." Zaida says, pointing to the hallway.

You quickly got up and took Zaida's hand, walking to the boys room. And sure enough, there Sangwoo was, with a black eye and tissue in his nose coloured red.

"Y/n! About time, hey." Putzie smiled as he hugged you.

"Hey Champ." You hugged him back. "Mind taking Zee?"

He shakes his head and takes Zaida from your hand. When he leaves and closes the door, you hurry over to Sangwoo.

"Okay, let me explain." He said, holding out his free hand. "I stood up for myself and some little kids."

"You better explain to me what you did, Rugrat, or I'm going to give you another black eye." You cross your arms.

"Alright so," He gained posture as he went to tell his story. "Some dicks in the year above me tried to get 1st years to pay for the bathroom, but they didn't have no money, so I stepped in and told them to back off. They pushed me to the ground, so I kicked the dude's nuts. And then they all gained up on me. But, if you think my face is bad, you should see them."

You sighed and face palmed before looking back at your brother. He looked exactly like your mother, but with Himo's hair colour.

"Why'd you do that?" You asked.

"Because, you didn't raise a little bitch." He said simply.

"Alright stinker, I'll let you off the hook for now- And stop swearing, your like 10 years old!"

"I'm 13!"
"Exactly!"

You laughed together, but that cut short when the sound of breaking glass came from the kitchen, followed by two scream. Without wasting time, you ran out there and activated your quirk, eyes glowing.

Before your eyes was Putzie and Zaida huddled on the ground together as Himo tried to pull them apart, anger written all over his face. Around them was pieces of broken glass.

"Himo!" You yelled, running forward and knocking him back as you barged into him.

He staggered to the counter tops and had a hard time standing straight. He must be drunk...again. Putzie quickly got up and pulled Zaida along with him as he hid behind you. Sangwoo was also behind you.

"Well." Himo said, unfazed. "Look who came back. Did you have fun?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" You stopped using your quirk as you walked towards him, pointing at him. "Throwing glass around? Hurting your children!"

"I'm not doing nothing!" He declared.

"Oh!" You raised your eyebrows. "Then I guess the bruise on Zaida's cheeck just grew over night."

He gruffed and turned away, going for another bottle of beer. You stopped him before he grabbed it.

"You've had enough beer!"

"Get your filthy hands off me!" He slapped his hand away and pushed you back. "You need to learn your place!"

"You need to learn when to quit!" You yelled back, the 3 little ones had run off now. You silently thanked them.

"Don't tell me what to do!" He grabbed an empty tin can and threw it at you, hitting you on your knee.

He grabbed other things that he could find and started throwing them at you. Keys to the house, plastic forks, water, random straws and two bottles of beer.
The glass shattered behind you, but didn't cut you this time.

"You have no reason to be upset!" He spat in your face. "I do everything for you! You are so SELFISH!"

With his last word, he pushed you back, making you land in the glass. You hissed as the broken pieces cut into your hand and fingers.

"That didn't hurt you, stop acting like a baby. You're being so emotional. God, it would have been so easy if you were never born!" He kicked a chair over, grabbed the beer and slammed the door shut as he walked outside.

You stayed on the ground for a few seconds before getting up slowly so you wouldn't hurt your hands more than you already have. 
You walked back into the hallway, holding your hands close. As you walked into your room. Your three siblings sat there, they looked up at you with innocent faces as you walked in with a smile.

"It's alright guys, he's outside now." You hid your hands behind your back. "Now, I'm sorry to send you out, but I need to get into something other than my school uniform."

"Okay, We'll be in our room." Sangwoo says as he takes Zaida to his and Putzie's room.

You warmly smiled at them as they left, but the smile slowly disappeared as you brought your hands back. You walked over to the first aid kit under your bed and dragged it out, setting it on your bed.

On your left hand, your thumb and ring finger were almost unharmed, so you plucked out the glass with some tweezers. When all the glass was in a napkin, you threw that in the bin next to the door.

You got some bandages out and wrapped your hand in the little brown fabrics. There was 7 on your left hand and 8 on your right hand. As well as 3 on your left palm.

You then quickly changed into whatever was there for you which was just sweatpants and a baggy plain blue shirt. You walked over to your siblings and played with them until lights out.