31 - I-Expo

The next day, when the class of 1A was reunited, everyone was wondering about what happened. Kirishima and Uraraka happily told everyone everything they saw.

Denki and Sero stood from the table you sat at, which consisted of you, Kirisima, Bakugo, Jiro and Mina.
"Now that we all seem finished." Denki started. "Y/n!"

You straighten your back and the table looks at you. "Happy Birthday!"

"What?" Another table says, "It's your birthday!?"

"Well, it was technically yesterday..." You turned red in embarrassment.

"Well why didn't you tell us?"

"Because...I didn't know I needed to?"

"Hey" Uraraka called out, heads turned to her. "I have an Idea! Why don't we all celebrate Y/n's birthday!"

"Yeah, we can all get her presents from the Expo." Mina beamed.

"I'm sorry, what?-" You tried to speak.

"Everyone disperse to get your gifts and then meet back here in 2 hours!" Iida stood up. "Let's go!"

The class got up and the footsteps that clattered around soon left. The only person who stayed was Bakugo. Surprise, surprise. He was still eating his food with a careless expression left on his face.

"Some friend you are." You say before getting up.

"I'm not your friend."
"That's what you think, but really, we are the best of friends. Kirishima as well...you seem to like him."

"I tolerate him. You are annoying."

"Wow, way to talk up a girl." You roll your eyes and walk away.
"Oi."

You stopped, turned your head around. For some reason he still wanted to talk. He shoved food in his mouth before speaking to you.

"What's the deal with you and your siblings?" He swallowed his food.

"What do you mean?" You wished you could get away now.

"You act like you their mother. Back at the sports festival you kept on talking about 'why you raised them like this'. You asked Todoroki about daddy issues. Your mother's gone. Your smart enough to get a better grade, but you almost give your homework in on time and your almost late everyday."

You were speechless for a few seconds. Bakugo clearly paid more attention to things that it seemed, but why was he asking you about this?

"My...dad, yeah, he just sometimes goes away for his work. Why are you so interested in this anyway?"

"Don't try and turn the table." He leant back in his chair. "You and I both know that's not the truth. You got some shit going down with him, I see your injuries when you come to class. Everyone does."

Shit, how am I meant to get out of this one.

"Why do you care?" You tried to walk away.

"I meant to be hero." This got you confused, you slowly stopped and turn to look at the blond. "All Might said that to be a hero you gotta help other people."

So that's what this is about.

You sighed before going back down to sit across from him. You were silent for the first few seconds, and Bakugo didn't seem to push you to tell him.

"Don't judge me for this." You say. He came back with a quick: "Yeah, I know."

"My...father, he doesn't work, well barely anyway." You take a quick glance at Bakugo, his expression hasn't changed yet, you went on. "He has addiction issues like you haven't seen before."