20

The sky was dark again. It was filled with dark clouds making the night dark even when there was a full moon in the sky. It could rain any time and it kept people on edge with the feeling of anxiety of getting wet or carrying an umbrella for nothing. A car screeched in front of the building and the driver ran to open the door. A black shining shoe came out followed by Seokjin. He was wearing a black three-piece suit. He dismissed the driver with a signal and went into the building. As he entered the elevator, he looked at his watch. It was 8:30 already. Namjoon must have been waiting for too long. That damn unnecessary meeting took way too long. He should fire those incompetent workers. As he opened the door of his house, it was pitch darkness. Did Namjoon not come? He changed his shoes into the house slipper and went in. as he stepped into the living room, he felt something under his slipper. He knelt down. As soon as he felt the liquid in his hand, a little gasp left his mouth.

"Blood?" His eyes went wide, "Namjoon!"

Seokjin got up and swiftly went to the drawer beside the TV and took out a gun from the secret compartment. He turned the torch on in his phone and slowly navigated through the house. The house was eerily silent. He made his way to the inner house. He stopped when he heard some mumbling. It came from the kitchen. He turned around, keeping his gun ready and torch flashing to see who it was. He gasped.

"Namjoon!"

Namjoon was sitting on the floor with his knees stuck to his chest and rocking back and forth. Seokjin switched the kitchen lights on and knelt in front of him. Namjoon's white t-shirt was covered in blood. There was a cut on his arm and his lips were bursted. There were also traces of physical violence on his face. He put his hand on Namjoon's shoulder, "Namjoon! What happened?"

Namjoon didn't say anything and just flinched at Seokjin's touch. Seokjin put the gun on the counter and tried to snap Namjoon out of his panic attack, "Joon-ah! It's okay. It's just me. Seokjin hyung. Can you hear me?"

Namjoon looked at him through his lashes and immediately hugged Seokjin, "Hyung, I am sorry. I didn't want to kill him. I wasn't going to. I don't know what happened. I am so sorry."

Seokjin's eyes went wide. Kill him? Who? He patted Namjoon's head, "Joon-ah, where is the body?"

Namjoon pointed towards the living room, "Be-behind the couch."

Seokjin looked at Namjoon, "Okay. Just stay here, yeah? I will be back." He turned the living room's lights on and slowly went behind the couch. There was a body lying behind it as Namjoon had said. Seokjin went near to check his pulse. He wasn't breathing nor could Seokjin get his pulse. He was dead. He took off the man's mask and sighed. He didn't know who the man was.

Seokjin got up and made a call, "Hello Yoongi. Come to my penthouse with your men. We need some clean-up here. Tell Hoseok to come here as well."

He cut the call and quickly went to Namjoon. Namjoon had gone back to the same position as before. Seokjin knelt in front of him again, "Hey, Namjoon-ah. Can you stand up?"

Namjoon nodded. He stood with Seokjin's support. As they entered the living room, Namjoon suddenly stopped and flinched. Seokjin held his hand and intertwined their fingers, "Close your eyes." Namjoon closed his eyes tightly. Seokjin covered his eyes with his other hand, "Follow my lead."

He slowly took Namjoon to his bedroom. After making Namjoon sit on the bed, he went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. When he came back, Namjoon was blankly staring at the floor. Seokjin sat beside him and prepared the antiseptic. Namjoon finally came out of his thoughts when his lips burned.

"Sorry," Seokjin said and went back to dressing his wounds. He blew every time Namjoon flinched a little. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

Namjoon shook his head, "I don't know."