29

*I love this drawing of Jungkook so much!!! I'm sorry I forgot the owner of the drawing but it was tiktok where they made a whole video of Jungkook singing "You are meant to be mine" (The Veronica song)*

"Who do you think you are putting behind the bars?"

Everyone looked at the door. Kwang Min was shocked. Namjoon's eyes went wide as well.

Kwang Min's lawyer turned back, "I didn't expect to meet you here, Jung Hoseok-nim. It's nice to meet you."

Hoseok smiled at him, obviously a sarcastic smile, "I wish I could say the same for you." He was followed by two other men who looked like his bodyguards. He turned to the officer, "Do you have a death wish? Going against the JM Group just for a measly promotion."

"How is it going against the JM Group?" The lawyer tilted his head, "We didn't even touch anything that belongs to you."

Hoseok scoffed, "Then why were you talking about putting Namjoon behind the bars?"

The lawyer looked at Namjoon and then at Hoseok, "That brat? He beat up Kwang Min and his friends. Of course, I would put him behind the bars and this poor officer can benefit from that orphan."

Namjoon clenched his jaws. They were talking about him as if he didn't even exist. Like he was just a commodity that could be used and thrown as they liked. He wanted to punch the lawyer so hard. No, maybe hit his head on the nearest wall? Yeah, that would feel great!

Hoseok glared at the lawyer, making him shiver, "Kim Namjoon is an intern under me." Namjoon was really shocked now. Did Hoseok not know that Namjoon can't intern at this point for his academics? "I am making a legacy that will stand after me to continue the greatness I have built. He might be an orphan but he isn't alone. And who even needs parents' support at this age? He has built his reputation on his own."

Kwang Min's eyes flashed something and a smirk formed on his face, "He is not qualified for interning. Even I am not qualified, and I am in the last year."

Hoseok rolled his eyes, "Of course, a low life like you isn't qualified. Namjoon, on the other hand, is legally under me. And I don't think Namjoon or I owe you an explanation on how that is possible. Oh, and you were saying something about Namjoon starting the fight first..." He raised his hand a little and someone from his back gave him a phone, "I have proof that says Kwang Min and Kang Miso started the fight. If you want to file a complaint, go on. Just remember that after the first date in court, Kwang Min will be in jail for a long time."

The lawyer sighed, "We don't want to file any case against Namjoon."

Kwang Min gasped, "But..."

The lawyer glared at Kwang Min, "Kwang Min-shi, we will talk about it later. For now, let us go. Your father is waiting for you."

As soon as the group left the cabin of the officer, Hoseok smirked at the officer. "I don't care about what you were thinking when you knew about Namjoon's condition. But next time you make a mistake like this, I'll make sure you get suspended or demoted at least." He stood up and turned to Namjoon, "Let's go."

As they were outside the office, Namjoon cleared his throat, "How did you find out about this?"

Before Hoseok could say anything, Gulf came in his view, "Sunbae. Are you alright? Did they really file a case against you?"

Hoseok chuckled, "They didn't. Thank you for calling me on time. Or else he would have been behind the bars by now."

Gulf smiled brightly, making his eyes close completely. This smile on Gulf's face reminded Namjoon of Jimin. "That's great." Gulf cheered as they walked out of the precinct.