28

The day was slow, really. Namjoon dragged himself to the cafeteria after completing his lectures, hungry and tired. On top of that, he was very frustrated. The reason? He had started to get on the rumours and they weren't very kind to him.

"Yah, Kim!"

Namjoon turned to his right and saw a senior calling him from the old library. The old library had been closed since the new one opened. It was an underground space, well lit and well ventilated to date. After it closed, it became a very good spot for the bullies to do their business there without being interrupted as most of the people had forgotten about it.

The senior waved at him, "Come here for a minute."

Honestly, dealing with the seniors was the last thing he wanted to do, but the hierarchy was a bitch. So he just sighed internally and climbed down the stairs. As soon as he was down, the senior led him into the library. In the library, he saw Kang Min sitting on a chair. More like splayed out on the chair, asserting his dominance over others. Weak move. Namjoon thought. Kwang Min was the last year student whose father was a spokesman in the parliament. Behind him, he saw Miso standing.

Of course.

Min tilted his head, "Kim Namjoon." He sat properly and leaned forward, "I have heard you'd spread your legs in front of anyone for money. Is that true?"

Namjoon chuckled, "I think you should get your facts checked."

Min raised his eyebrow, "That's not how you speak to your elders, brat."

"We are literally the same age." Namjoon rolled his eyes.

One of the minions hit him on the back with a wooden log, making Namjoon fall on his knees. He winced and looked at the boy with anger in his eyes. Min chuckled, "Calm down, Dong-ah." He looked at Namjoon, "Now that you are on your knees, why don't you suck me off, huh?"

Namjoon clenched his jaws and closed his eyes to control his anger. All he ever wanted was to pass the bar without any problems. He started mumbling in a low voice, "Don't hit them, it can kill them. Don't hit them, it can kill them. Don't hit them, you have killed a man already. Don't hit them, they can-" He stopped as he was hit by the log again. This time on his upper back. He turned back and cracked the bones in his neck. He stood up straight and stared right into Min's eyes.

"I am warning you for the last time. Let me go, or I won't be responsible for whatever happens next."

The people in the room started laughing. One of them punched Namjoon right into his face. Namjoon hissed with pain. He wasn't given a chance to recover as another hit came right into his guts and the third one on his jaw. Namjoon stumbled a bit but soon stabilised himself. He brushed the pad of his thumb on the side of his lips. He shook his head when he saw the blood on his thumb.

Min laughed, "Why are you getting beaten up? Just do as I told you and leave this place. So easy."

One of the boys started walking towards him to punch him again. There was a soft gasp as Namjoon stopped the punch just a few centimetres away from his face. He smirked, "I had warned you." He twisted the fist, making the boy scream loudly. Namjoon punched him twice on his gut and finally left his fist after he landed a final punch on his jaw.

Two boys came from the back and held Namjoon by his arms. Third, came from the front to attack Namjoon. Namjoon took support from the boys behind and kicked the attacker hard on his chest. Soon, Namjoon started dominating the fight.

He was almost done when they heard the sound of the siren going on. Someone had called the police on them.

~

"Fighting in the campus, making a havoc, ruining the college property." The police looked at Namjoon and Kwang Min, "How many charges should I put on you?"

Kwang Min rolled his eyes, "Do you know who I am?"

Before the police could even answer, there was a team of men in suits entering the police station. The man in the front spoke, "I am here for Kwang Min. I suppose there has been a misunderstanding. I would like to talk to my client in private."

The officer sighed and signalled his subordinate to give them a room. He looked at Namjoon, "Do you have someone who would come and save you?"

One of the boys sitting on the bench chuckled, "Who's gonna save an orphan like him."

Namjoon saw it.

The glint in the officer's eyes said Namjoon was in trouble. He knew just to look useful in the eyes of the spokesman, he was gonna throw Namjoon under the bus. No one was going to help Namjoon, he knew it. And the officer was obviously going to use Namjoon for his own benefit.

The boy and his lawyer came out of the room. The lawyer sat in front of the officer and smiled, "This boy," he pointed at Namjoon, "started the fight."

Namjoon gasped inaudibly, "I didn't-"

"Let me finish, Namjoon-shi." The lawyer smiled, "Not only did he start the fight, he also beat up my client and his friends. Very badly as you can see. So I would urge you to put Namjoon-shi behind the bars. My client would like to file a case."

The officer chuckled, "And why would I do that?"

The lawyer leaned in with a sinister smile, "A little birdy told me that there will be a promotion shortly. You know whose son my client is, right?"

Namjoon closed his eyes as his life was getting bartered for some rich brat to get out of the trouble that he created himself. Namjoon was getting thrown under the bus for defending himself from a bully. He shouldn't have fought back.

No! What the hell!

He looked at the officer, "This is wrong. You know it is wrong! You can't use me for your promotion."

The officer rolled his eyes, "Oh, please. Who even are you to tell me these things? Do you think you are some sort of bigshot?"

Namjoon closed his eyes. He was right. Namjoon wasn't a bigshot. He was just a broke university student and no one really cared about him. He saw the officer signal one of his subordinates to cuff Namjoon.

Just as the subordinate was about to cuff him, a voice stopped him.

"Who do you think you are putting behind the bars?"