Chapter 2: Meant To Be? Not

"Sakura? Are you awake?" came a female voice.

Sakura stirred in her bed and slowly attempted her eyes to open. Her vision was all a blur so she blinked a couple of times until everything became clear. She looked around her and noticed that she was in her room, on her bed with Tomoyo sitting on a chair beside her looking worriedly at her.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Hai…thanks Tomoyo. What time is it?" she asked.

She suddenly stopped from doing anything else other than breathing as she recollected all that had happened before everything went black.

'Syaoran' she thought.

"It's already 4:47" Tomoyo said as she looked up from her watch.

"Okay, Syaoran's flight is still 5:30 this afternoon right?" she asked as she yawned.

"Sakura, this is the afternoon" Tomoyo clarified.

"What!" Sakura shouted as she sat up from her bed.

"Eriol is with Syaoran at the airport right now"

"B-But! Didn't they stop by here?"

"They did, I bid him farewell for the both of us since you were still sleeping and he didn't want me to wake you. He just told me to tell you that he loves you and you two will meet again soon"

"Tomoyo! We have to get to that airport right now" Sakura said, now panicking as she went over to her closet to get a change of clothes and a small package.

"Why?"

"Don't ask, just get the car ready. I'll meet you downstairs"

"If you say so" Tomoyo said as she ran down the stairs and towards the garage.

"Oh please still be there" Sakura repeated in a whisper over and over again until she jumped into the car.

*****

"I'm sorry you couldn't talk to Sakura, Syaoran" Eriol said as he gave Syaoran a manly hug were in the grab each others hands and pat each others back.

"Don't worry, we got to talk to each other yesterday anyways" Syaoran said but still disappointed that he didn't get to know what Sakura's reply was to his statement. He was sure Sakura wouldn't mind the title but he was still curious as to her reaction.

Plus, he didn't get to kiss her good bye. The thought made him gloomy.

*****

"Go faster Tomoyo" Sakura said to her friend.

"I don't wanna go over the speed limit here. If we get caught, we'll be even later in arriving"

*****

A bell rang through the waiting area they were staying in, and a woman's voice echoed after it.

"Passengers for Flight 213 for Hong Kong China please start boarding the plane. Departure will take place in exactly 20 minutes"

"That's me" Syaoran said.

"I still don't get why you didn't want to ride your private family jet going there"