Chapter 16: Turn Around

Sakura looked at her, close to tears.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Don't worry about it Sakura. I'm also sorry for not watching you close enough" Tomoyo said softly, giving her a genuine smile before engulfing her in a hug.

"I was so scared and confused…what did those men want with me?"

"Oh yeah, we gotta go before she gets here"

"She? She who?"

"You'll see…c'mon" Tomoyo said, urging her to walk faster into her car.

Tomoyo slammed the car door closed before she went over to her side and started the car.

"What's happening? Why are you in a hurry?" Sakura asked, as Tomoyo drove down the path towards the gates leading out the docks.

"That's why" she replied, pointing to another black car which drove into the gate.

"Who's inside?"

"The real person who was supposed to take you. Her name is Jen, she's working with Chyou, and they're old friends. Chyou had Jen's men kidnap you so she can permanently get rid of you to make sure you don't get back to Syaoran and interfere with the wedding" she informed as she drove down the open road towards their mansion.

"Oh" was all Sakura could say.

Tomoyo looked at her. "You don't seem too happy"

"Well…you see…I didn't actually plan to go back to Syaoran in the first place"

This gave Tomoyo a shock, making her slam her foot on the brakes and pull up the side of the road.

Sakura shut her eyes in surprise before turning to her.

"What do you mean your not going back?" Tomoyo almost screamed, a bit angry at Sakura's confession.

She looked down, not bothering to reply.

"Sakura, what's wrong? Tell me"

"Nothing's wrong, I…I just don't want to go back"

"And why not!" she asked incredulously.

"Tomoyo" Sakura said in a tone warning her to calm down.

"Well I'm sorry Sakura, I just don't get why you don't want to go back to your fiancé especially since he's getting married to a woman he doesn't love!"

"I-"

"He as well as the rest of us are trying our hardest to make sure you two end up together just as originally planned!"

"It's j-"

"That Chyou woman has done a lot to ruin our plans and it almost came through if it weren't for me and Eriol when we overheard her talking on her cell phone to Yasuki!"

Sakura didn't even try to speak, instead just looked at her blankly.

"That's right, your other so-called-fiancé was working with Chyou this entire time. And yes, I know you have your memories back. Apparently that charm bracelet" she said, taking Sakura's hand and holding it up to look at the bracelet closely, "had been with Emi the entire time you had amnesia, she didn't bother to give it back to you. Yeah, I know that bit coz I gave her and her mother a call…apparently, she planned on returning it to you but then she lost it and was afraid to say anything. Turns out Yasuki stole it from her to ensure you don't get it back in case Emi plans to return it to you"