Chapter 12: Departure

Chyou gave off an irritated sound, her hands turning to tight fists. He was supposed to be mad at Sakura for getting herself engaged. He looked mad at her when she told him that she was engaged, then why the hell did look so calm about it last night? And they kissed! They were supposed to be fighting by now and Syaoran would forget her and just move on for a better future with her!

She paced yet again. That was all she ever did in the room provided for her by the Lis at their mansion. She paced around and conspired on what to do next to break the couple apart.

She stopped on the spot, an idea starting to form in her mind.

'I can't do this alone' she thought, taking out her cell phone from her purse.

*****

"Is she all right now?" Syaoran asked, barely in a whisper.

"Yeah" Mei Lin said softly.

"I still don't get what's wrong with her" Tomoyo said worriedly before closing the door behind her.

Syaoran looked at the door behind her and could only imagine what's happening in there. The doctors where probably studying Sakura or something like that right now. Ever since four days ago, that night of his Recognition Banquet, it's been like this on and off. Sakura hardly did anything, even just plain walking around, or just sitting down eating caused her headaches. He was getting really worried, and somehow, he knew it was his fault…why did he have to go kiss her?

"Syaoran?" Chiharu said, getting his attention.

He looked up to see her- and everyone else's- face full of worry.

"I'm fine. I was just…thinking" he muttered. "C'mon, let's go have dinner"

Everyone else nodded and followed him down the hall with the same thing in their minds.

'Another day wasted' they all thought desolately, knowing they had 9 days left before the marriage was set for Syaoran and Chyou.

*****

Sighing deeply, Sakura shifted on the bed uncomfortably. She knew the others had been in here not too long ago, but she chose to act like she was asleep. She knew they would only worry and ask her as to what's wrong with her.

'I hate this' she thought miserably, trying to turn her body to the side but felt something pull her back. 'Why do I even try?'

She opened her eyes only to be met by one of the many machines that surrounded her bed. The doctor's had been doing what they can to help her but so far, and she did regain a few chunks of her memory, a few about her friends and her family…but what she longed to remember the most for the past few days were memories of Syaoran. Unfortunately, those were the memories that the Lord void her of.

Letting out another angry groan, she pulled one of the tiny white caps that were stuck on her forehead. It was getting annoying, why would the doctor's need to stick such things on her head? It wasn't like it helped, all it did was read her brain waves…lot of help that did.

"I see you are quite enjoying yourself" said an amused voice by the door.

Sakura's eyes snapped open. When she saw the face of the owner, she couldn't help but smile guiltily.