Chapter 10: Marriages And Memories

Silence filled the room, even the maids who were doing their jobs have stopped to see the scene going on between the longtime friends. The Li sisters were looking over at Syaoran and Sakura repeatedly. Yelan stood there looking at her son with great pity while Eriol and the others stood there waiting for any sort of reaction from Syaoran.

Sakura on the other hand, was staring at Syaoran, tears starting to stream don her face.

When she noticed everyone look at her, she hastily wiped it away with the back of her hand.

"S-Sorry…I dunno why but I really f-feel sad about all this. All of this is m-my fault, a-and I can't even do anything about it coz I c-can't remember. I-I just have this feeling that I-I'm supposed to do something here b-but I just don't know…I-I'm so confused"

"Sakura…" Tomoyo started softly but her voice trailed off as Syaoran slowly approached his supposed-to-be-fiancée.

Syaoran stood tall in front of Sakura, and it frightened her. He didn't look anything like the very smiling and kind looking guy she saw with her in Tomoyo's old videos. This guy looked serious and…Sakura looked into his eyes…sad. He looked sad…but why?

Noticing this made Sakura feel guilty, making more tears fall from her eyes as she looked down to the floor, trying to wipe them off again.

Syaoran looked at Sakura as she tried to wipe off all her tears. He reached into his pocket and took out his white handkerchief and held it in front of her.

"T-Thank you" Sakura whispered as she took it from his hand.

After a few minutes, Sakura held it to him but Syaoran shook his head.

"Keep it, you still might need that"

Sakura nodded.

Syaoran sighed and looked around, only just noticing that everyone in the room was looking at them. His gaze landed on Chyou, she was smiling at Syaoran but he saw through that and saw another emotion though he couldn't point it out from their distance. He gave off another sigh before turning back to look at Sakura.

"I need to talk to you in private" he said softly.

Sakura looked over at Tomoyo and she gave a nod that it would be all right.

"Okay" she said, turning back to look at him.

"Come…" and with that, he took Sakura's hand and led her out of the room.

"Mother, that was…?" Fanfren asked, breaking the silence that still filled the room a few moments after her little brother's leave.

Yelan raised a hand at her daughter, meaning to wait awhile then she turned to look at Tomoyo and the others' direction.

"It would mean a lot to us," she started in a motherly tone. "If you would tell us the whole story that's going on here"

"Of course" said Tomoyo as their group was lead by Syaoran's mother and sisters.

"Chyou" Yelan said, making her walk over to Yelan and walk beside her as they walked out of the room and towards one of the many sitting rooms.

As everyone took their seats, Yelan stood and walked over to the table by the huge windows that overlooked the gardens. She took the silver hand bell that was on top of it and rung it lightly.