Chapter 7: Back Again

Tomoyo was feeling faint again but she willed herself not to collapse, not now.

"My son found her by the shore of a river unconscious and pretty beaten up. We own a clinic in this town so I took car of her and mended her. When she woke up weeks later, she didn't remember anything. She must have hot her head pretty hard in whatever accident took place" Airi explained softly.

The girls gasped in shock, looking at Sakura sadly. The guys, even Aki and Mika was surprised as well but showed not much of it.

"I asked her what's her name and she said to call her Cherry since she loves Cherry Blossoms…I guess she was right with her real name. Right now, she's engaged with my son Yasuki who currently isn't here yet"

"Sakura" Tomoyo said softly, walking over to her, and kneeling on front of her. "You have to go with us, we'll try to help you remember but we have to tell Syaoran you're alive"

"Syaoran?"

"Yes, your fiancé, he thought you died and he's making the biggest mistake of his life by marrying another woman in China"

"So, that explains this ring" she held up her hand to show the diamond engagement ring he gave her.

Tomoyo nodded.

"But I don't remember him at all, how can I marry someone I don't know? Besides, my fiancé now is Yasuki" Emi smiled as she said this.

Tomoyo looked down and something in her mind clicked.

"Sakura, where's your bracelet?" she asked.

"What bracelet?"

"Your charm bracelet, you never take it off, you always had it in your right wrist, where is it?"

"I-I dunno…I wasn't wearing one when I woke up"

"What?" Tomoyo said rather shocked and frustrated.

There was silence, Emi was about to say something but Tomoyo spoke again but to the group behind her.

"We have to find that bracelet"

"What's so important about a bracelet?" Emi asked.

"That bracelet could be the key to her memory"

"Why is that?"

"Those charms in her bracelet are like remembrances of her past...it's like her back-up memory"

"But she doesn't have it" Rika pointed out.

"Oh" said Sakura. "No wonder I keep glancing at my wrist…I had a bracelet! Oh, can I ask you something" she said looking at Tomoyo making her nod. "Who is this Li?"

"Li? How did know Syaoran's surname?"

"Oh, you see…the day Yasuki proposed to me, I just noticed that this necklace" she said as she held onto the heart shaped ruby necklace and turned it to let her see the engraving. "Has a 'Mr. and Mrs. Li' written at the back. Why is that?"

Tomoyo's eyes were welling up with fresh tears.

"You and Syaoran were supposed to get married. I hope you'll forgive me when you get your memory back but I was kinda watching you both through the surveillance cameras from the house…'Mr. and Mrs. Li' is written there because Syaoran said it was to prepare for the future"