CHAPTER 1; Y/N'S P.O.V.

It almost feels like I'm floating, yet I can feel something soft under me...... sheets maybe?.......... or a blanket? My body feels so heavy, almost like it's not even mine; this is too heavy to be mine for sure! I slowly open my eyes to see nothing but blinding white. Groaning softly I immediately shut them back and take slow deep breaths, feeling this foreign heaviness coupled with a ferocious pounding in my head, it almost feels like my brain will explode at any moment. While laying there I try to force myself to think of the last thing I remember.......... Honestly......... just some loud sounds and a flash of...... what is that?!?......... green lighting??? My thoughts are abruptly interrupted by a heavy sigh I barely make out that may be from beside me, I'm still engulfed by darkness still refusing to open my eyes afraid my head may explode from the brightness of this unfamiliar room.

"Do you think she'll ever wake up?" A gruff, deep voice speaks lowly from somewhere in the room. This voice sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

"All the doctors said she would, we just need to patient. She's been through a lot!" Another deep voice responds somewhere in the room also, beside me maybe? It sounds closer than the other. This voice sounds more comforting, and quite a bit more exhausted than the other.

"I know that you damn nerd! Im just sick of waiting to close this fucking case! Shitty hair's been restless since this whole thing started and we first got the news" The gruff guy sounds exasperated, and over worked. He takes a deep breath and lets out a soft sigh, "We need all this to be over. Her statement is the last one we need, not to mention the most important, since she was in the middle of everything. It could possibly give us the break in the case we need! Yo-"

"You don't think I know that Kacchan?!?" The other, who I can only assume are both male voices, cuts him off with a slightly raised voice. "I'm all too aware that she may have seen something that could get us the lead we so desperately need. However that doesn't change the fact that she was badly injured and it will take time to recover from that, even for us! So we can't rush the process, all we can do is hope for the best at this point!"

I hear the other one go to sigh and say something else, but I interrupt this little argument before it gets any worse. I don't think my poor head could take a screaming match right now.

"Can someone please turn off that damn light??" The voice I used to ask this question is almost too quiet to hear, just barely above a whisper, and quite hoarse. It almost doesn't sound like me and catches me off guard. My throat hurts when I talk, almost like a swallowed glass which makes me flinch a bit when I speak. The room is so quiet you could hear a feather hit the floor.

"Did she just?" The gruff voice speaks first, Kacchan I think is what the other one called him, sounding shocked.

"Did you just say something? If so could you please repeat it? We didn't quite catch it, I'm sorry." The soft voice sounds so concerned yet hopeful.

"Can one of you please turn off the lights? It hurts." I whisper back trying to point up, but failing when I feel my finger barely lift from the soft fabric under me. I hear small gasps from both men, then hear the switch being flipped along with some curtains being drawn.

"There you go Miss.... Is that better?" I hear the small, deep voice almost like he's beside me. I slowly open my eyes to see that the only light in the room is now coming from under the curtains and door to the room. I nod approvingly to the man sitting by my bed and mouth a 'thank you' to them. Getting my eyes to focus was a challenge in itself for the first time in quite a while.

"Close your eyes again for a minute please. I'm going to get a nurse to help." The gruff voice says, I see him out the corner of eye. All I can see is a shadow of him in the dark room, he's tall and well built..... spiky hair maybe?... or that's the weirdest hat I've ever seen. I comply and close my eyes back. I hear the door click open and slowly slide back close.