Chapter 5 Y/N P.O.V.

The test goes on pretty much as I expected. Deku being over helpful for some unknown reason; I've chalked it up to that's just his character at this point. Dr. Kida is letting him help in things she can totally do by herself, but she'll never admit that if I ask. And I'm stuck in the middle, just trying to not die from embarrassment or the dirty thoughts that bombard my brain every time he touches me. i must really need to get laid, if all it takes is a small touch to get my mind running wild like this. The worst part of all this.... HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL HE'S DOING TO ME!! I have avoided his gaze like the plague since this whole thing started.

"Well y/n you're still a bit stiff, and your body hasn't gotten used to moving on its own yet. So the main question of the day is, do you have any one who could take care of you?" Dr. Kida looks at me waiting on an answer.

"If I say no I can't leave right? Or at least not without signing a ton of release forms since it'll be against doctors orders?" I ask a bit hesitant.

"That's correct." She lifts an eyebrow at me, like she can already read where this is going and already disapproves.

"Then yes, I have people to call to help me." I avoid her gaze that feels like it's boring into my skull. I pick at the blanket nervously, waiting to be yelled at. I've never been good at lying, but I have to now. I can't afford to stay here any longer, especially since I haven't officially started work. Even if I could afford this, I wouldn't wanna stay. I hate hospitals since everything, they just make me uncomfortable all around. She lets out a defeated sigh before she speaks again.

"Are you sure? Y/N when I tell you it's dangerous to be on your own right now, I mean it. Your body is in a very fragile state right now. You have a higher fall risk, and chance for injury since you haven't moved on your own a lot yet. So please don't lie. I'll ask one more time. Do you have anyone who could at least stop by and check on you from time to time, if you don't wanna stay with someone?"

"Look Dr. Kida I'll be honest with you. I hate hospitals after everything that happened, even though you all have been so nice and accommodating that hasn't always been the case in my experience. I also can not afford to stay here either. I moved here with what little savings I had, and since I haven't started my job yet I can't stay. I haven't made any friends either. I'm not very good at that. So when you ask if I have anyone to check on me, the honest answer is no, but for the sake of me being able to leave I'm going to tell you yes." I look up at her with sadness and a bit of nervousness as I speak to her. She looks sad also but doesn't say anything as she just nods and leaves the room. I hear Deku clear his throat after she leaves, and for the first time since that stupid motion test, I warily look over in his direction by my bed.

"I wouldn't say you have no friends...... I-"

"Of course you have friends!! I'd love to be your friend! If that's ok with you!!??" Red Riot interrupts him while coming through the door holding bags of food. He looks at me hopeful, that smile still beaming on his face. I giggle lightly at the question.

"What's all this shit about friends?" The angry blonde finally emerges from the other side of the door. He stops by the foot of my bed, holding casually onto the railing looking around at the three of us.

"Deku was saying something about how she doesn't have any friends. So I wanted to offer my friendship!" Red beams at the blonde.

"What's wrong with you?" He stares me down from the end of my bed. The question catches me off guard. I look at him completely confused. "Something must be wrong with you if you don't have any friends. Even I have friends and I'm an asshole." He says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "So what's wrong with you?" He reiterates the question once again.