𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼- The masked man

CHAPTER TWO
The masked man
...
It was cold...freezing. Y/n currently was walking through a snowy forest,, the tree tops and ground covered in blankets of white. She struggled to step through as she lifted her feet high over the snow, taking big strides.

The snow was atleast seven inches deep. It gave a satisfactory crunch each time her foot crushed into it.

The girl had a pair of hiking boots on, the hiking boots she has worn for years. They were brown and leather, with thick shoelaces trailing down the front. The sheep wool covering the boot's insides were the best part.

She wore a loosely fitted black mask, which covering her nose and mouth. She wore it for warmth, especially when travelling through weather conditions like this. The mask also gave her a sense of security. Something about having your face half covered up made her feel safer.

Then there were the bandages wrapped around her two hands. She had continued to wear the bandages ever since J.S held them in a furnace and burnt them.

Her hands had never healed properly, they were too destroyed to heal fully. The skin that use to cover her hand was no longer what she would consider skin.

The bandages covered it up. The bandages were her hand's skin. She liked wearing them, they gave her extra grip and she liked how it made her look that bit tougher.

She wasn't the toughest looking person. She had a feminine look to her. She knew she had a lot of strength but it didn't showcase in her figure.

Y/n has met plenty of men who think they can beat her, simply for being a girl. But she prove them wrong every time.

The odd thing was that she got adrenaline whenever she humiliated a man for losing against her. Humbling sexist men was appeasing.

One thing that made her look that bit tougher was the scar on her neck. The scar was from J.S's attempt to slit her throat. It stretched from underneath the left of her jawline to the center of her neck. It had left a heavily discoloured mark.

She doesn't have a destination in mind, she hasn't had a destination in mind for almost two years. Her life consisted of walking, stopping off in villages to get supplies then walking some more, then sleeping. It was a tiring, repetitive lifestyle, but it's the best one she lived in her eighteen years.

The first sixteen years consisted of being an orphan. She hates the fact that the orphanage took away the childhood she deserved. Patria's orphanage sucked the life out of every child that stepped foot in their gates.

Then there was a month of living with J.S, which didn't go well. But now it's two years of walking. The walking is nothing compared to the two other eras in her life.

Y/n noticed the sky was slowly turning a shade of orange as the sun set. It was close to night, where monsters would spawn. She needed to find a place to sleep for the night.

She was tired from walking, she needed rest. She glanced at her surroundings, contemplating where she would sleep. But there was no where, all she could spot were tall spruce trees towering over her. It was getting more and more cold as the sun set.

Y/n was thinking of solutions fast.

Maybe a tree?

What about a bush?

Just then she heard a crunch in the snow, but not from her, it was in the distance. She instantly stopped walking and stood still as she turned her head to search around, slowly trailing her eyes at all the trees.

Y/n couldn't see anyone, but she could sense the presence of someone, like someone was eyeing her. She put her hand on her sword in a sheath, in precaution. She knew something wasn't right.