Chapter Twenty- The Election

Election day has arrived, tension was higher than ever. People have started to gather at the venue, awaiting for the results.

Y/n arrived and looked for anyone she could talk to. She saw Wilbur and Tommy beside the stairs of the stage.

Wilbur looked worried as he kept on overthinking what would happen to L'manburg if he didn't win. Tommy was trying his best to ease him but he was only making Wilbur more stressed.

Quackity, George and for some odd reason Jschlatt, were situated a few metres away from them, they kept on whispering and the two kept looking at Schlatt, who looked confident. Jschlatt looked like he didn't have a care in the world.

Niki and Fundy were close by to the two groups aswell. They were both laughing and talking like friends. They didn't seem stressed about the election. 

All of the seats were nearly taken up. She walked down the aisle, glancing for any spare seats. Y/n saw a lot of unfamiliar faces. She didn't realise the election was this big and how many people were apart of L'manburg.

"Y/n over here!" A voice shouted. Y/n turned around and saw Tubbo with his hand up in the air, waving it back and forth. Tubbo got a seat in the twelfth row near the back, he had a spare seat next to him right beside the aisle.

"Thanks Tubbo" Y/n said as she sat down beside him.

"No problem" He smiled. Y/n glanced around the place and saw Schlatt was staring at her. He didn't even look away when Y/n looked at him. He just smirked and winked, then stopped looking at her to continue talking to Quackity and George. Y/n could tell something wasn't right.

All the parties began to walk on stage and went to a microphone each. First there was Niki and Fundy, second there was Schlatt, third was Wilbur and Tommy and last was Quackity and George.

"May I have your attention" Wilbur said speaking into a microphone. Everyone became quite and Wilbur cleared his throat.

"Thank you all for coming here today. This is a historic moment, it's the passing over of the presidency for the first election of L'manburg" Wilbur said into the microphone. He then pulled out a white envelope from the pocket inside his suit jacket.

"I have with me the election results of the four parties, Swag2020, Pog2020, Coconut2020 and lastly Schlatt2020" Wilbur listed off. Y/n noticed how Quackity and Schlatt kept exchanging glances.

"But there was voter fraud, so there was some disqualified votes" Wilbur said which was followed by a few gasps. Wilbur then glared at Fundy and Niki, making it obvious it was them. They both awkwardly laughed.

"Now for the results" Wilbur said as he proceeded to open the envelope and unfold a piece of paper inside.

"With 9% of the votes, in fourth place, is Coconut2020!" Wilbur announced, people clapped and Niki and Fundy hugged eachother.

"With 16% of the votes, coming in third place, is Schlatt2020!" Wilbur said. Y/n could feel herself relax knowing that Schlatt wasn't going to be president, she was safe from him. Schlatt still was smiling though and looked over at Quackity, who also started laughing.

"In second place, with 30% of the vote, we have....Swag2020" Wilbur said. Cheering erupted from the crowd. Tommy was jumping up and down. But Wilbur wasn't happy.

"by 45% is Pog2020" Wilbur said uneuthusiastic. The cheering got even more louder but Quackity, George and Schlatt looked happy, they didn't look defeated. Wilbur was trying to say something else.

"Listen! Listen!" Wilbur shouted into the mic, everyone went quite again and gave him confused looks.

"Quackity made a deal with Schlatt, Quackity said no matter what happens, he would pool Swag2020 votes onto Schlatt2020 votes. Pog2020 got 45% of the votes, meaning the coalition government of Schlatt and Swag2020 got 46% of the votes" Wilbur said as he lowered down his head.