Chapter Eighteen- The Debate

The debate was on today, between the two parties, Pog2020 and Swag2020.

"Wilbur, are you soon ready? It's starting soon" Y/n shouted from outside his house while knocking. She was wearing a white blouse, a navy blazer with a matching pencil skirt, along with a pair of black high heels.

Y/n had never gotten dressed up before. As a child, all the way up to a young adult, there was no need to dress up, as she never went to any important events.

This meant it was her first time ever wearing heals. She struggled to walk and would lose her balance every so often. but she loved how they gave her more height.

"Y/n I need help with something" Wilbur shouted back from inside the house. Y/n walked into his house. She saw Wilbur standing there looking in a mirror. He had black suit on with a navy tie. But the tie was hung around his neck untied.

"Well don't you look nice" Wilbur complemented as he looked the girl up and down with an impressed look. Y/n couldn't help but smile at the complement. She felt beautiful for once.

"you're not too bad yourself" She complemented back. "Let me guess, you need help with your tie"

"Yes I do, I can't get it right" Wilbur explained. Y/n walked over to him and started to fix his tie. Y/n had learned to tie a tie years ago back when she was about 15.

Back in the orphanage, the boys would often dress up in suits for political events. J.S couldn't tie a tie even if his life depended on it. But he didn't want to ask any of the other boys.

Y/n took responsibility amongst herself to learn how to tie one. Over time she learnt and she still remembers to this day.

"You seem nervous" Y/n said as she looped the tie.

"Isn't it obvious?" Wilbur replied as he looked down at the girl.

"Don't be nervous, I heard all your points for the debate and they sound amazing" Y/n told him.

"But what if Quackity is better?" Wilbur said.

"Do you really think Quackity could write a better speech than you?" Y/n laughed. "Trust me, you will do amazing"

"Thanks y/n" Wilbur said as she tightened his tie.

"there we go, all done" Y/n said centering the tie.

"Let's get going, it won't be a good impression if we're late" Wilbur said. The two walked out of the tent and started walking to the event.

"You don't look like you're enjoying your heals" Wilbur pointed out as he noticed she kept on stumbling.

"This is my first time ever wearing them, and its difficult walking on grass" Y/n explained as the heel dug into the ground with each step she took. Wilbur put out his arm for Y/n to grab onto to help with her balance.

"Well didn't that suit make you a gentleman" Y/n said holding onto his arm.

They both arrived at the event, Y/n wished Wilbur good luck before he went over to Tommy, who was already on stage.

"HEY Y/N SIT BESIDE ME" Tubbo shouted. Tubbo had managed to get a front row seat and had saved a seat for Y/n.

"Thank you Tubbo" She thanked as she sat down.

"Isn't this nice, everyone is dressed up fancy, L'manburg has really gotten far" Tubbo said.

"yeah it is, crazy to think that a year ago L'manburg was nearly in rubble" Y/n said.

"May i have your attention" a guy spoke into the microphone as he adjusted it more towards his mouth. He had brown fluffy hair, blue eyes and a purple sweater with a few colours. Y/n had never seen him before.