Chapter 2

"What do you mean paise nahi hai?" Raj Malhotra sat in his office while Raghav Gupta kneeled on the floor with his hands together. "10 crore choti moti rakhme nahi hai. If you didnt have the standards to pay then how dare you take as loan of that much from us?"

"Sir..I...I will arrange somehow....Pls give me some time."

"Shut up!" Raj roared, banging his hands on the desk. "You had more than enough time Gupta! Now its time to pay up."

"I..I dont..dont have..the money..."

"Fine then, go home and tell everyone living in that chawl to empty their houses by this evening. We're going to build a mall there."

"Sir...how can I..."

"Not my problem...you arent able to repay your loan so now I can do whatever I want with the chawl." Raj smirked. Raghav left the office while Raj called his brother into his cabin.

"Haan bhai?" Viren Malhotra asked. 

"Do you know where Manik & Dhruv are?"

"Haan, woh dono Uday ki family ko uske mauth ke baare mien inform karne gaye hai." Viren replied.

"Hmm...call Manik and tell them to meet us at *Insert chawl name here* " Raj said.

"Ok Bhai."

Later that Evening.

Manik, Dhruv, Raj & Viren arrived at *Insert  the same chawl name here*. Raghav hadnt informed anyone living there because really what could he have said? How could he tell them that all of them are homeless because he didnt repay a loan. Honestly he didnt think they would actually show up. However, as soon as he saw their cars pull up with two big bull dozers Raghav ran out to try and stop them.

"Sir...pls dont do this. Give me just a bit more time, Ill repay you." 

"Why havent you emptied the chawl yet?" Manik demanded to know. Raghav stayed silent. "Fine...we will do it for you."

Manik motioned for the bull dozers to keep going. Dhruv stood ontop of one of their cars and with a bullhorn he made an announcment.

"EVERYONE EMPTY THIS CHAWL RIGHT NOW! THIS CHAWL NOW BELONGS TO THE MALHOTRA FAMILY AND WE ARE BREAKING IT DOWN! LEAVE OR BE CRUSHED ALONG WITH THE CHAWL!"

People started running out immediately and were shocked to see the Malhotras. Nobody wanted to leave their homes but they knew better than to stay. Madhuri, Kamya & Nandini also ran out at that moment. Nandini was terrified as she didnt know what was going on while Madhuri & Kamya already knew but were still devastated. The two bull dozers kept going towards the building while everyone just watched in dispair. One of the bull dozer drivers had a bit of a drinking problem and was completly drunk although none of the Malhotras knew this. He was starting to doze off at the wheel when a little 1 year old baby girl crawled right infront of him.

"My baby!" The mother screamed but she was being held back by others. Nandini & Manik both noticed the baby at the same time. Nandini ran towards the baby while Manik ran towards the bull dozer. Manik ran and jumped onto the bull dozer pushing the driver out and hit the breaks just as Nandini came and covered the baby with her body. The bull dozer was only an inch away from her. Furious, Manik went over to the driver and grabbed him by his collar.

"You-"

"You idiot!" Nandini screamed before Manik could finish. "Isse kuch ho jaata toh? Andhe ho kya?"

"Im sorry ma'am.." The driver apologized. "Im sorry boss."

BANG!

"AAH!" Nandini jumped slightly and screamed at the sound of the gun. 

"AAH!"  The driver fell to the ground, his leg bleedling profously. 

"Im sorry." Manik said sarcastically. "See? No use na?Just like that if something would have happened to that baby then your stupid sorry would have been useless!"

Nandini was terrified at the sight of the blood and even just the expression on Manik's face gave her chills. She slowly backed away and picked up the baby before going over to the mom and handing her over. Meanwhile, Raj admired the way Nandini didnt care for her own life to save the baby.

"She is perfect for Manik...How do I find out more about her?" Raj thought. He then noticed her Id from Faith hospital that she still had around her neck. "Yeh toh humare hospital ki doctor lagti hai...Nyonika must know her then."

Slyly, Raj took a picture of Nandini and sent it to Nyonika.

R: Nyo, do you know this girl?

N: Haan...Yeh toh Nandini Gupta hai. She is good friends with Riddhima and a very talented Intern of mine. 

R: Gupta? Matlab...she is related to Raghav Gupta?

N: I dont know...why?

R: I came to Gupta's chawl to break it down and I saw her. She risked her life to save a baby today and I dont know...something about her makes me think ki yeh Manik ke liye perfect jeevan saathi banegi.

N: Raj...are you serious?

R: Haan...I mean its just a thought.

N: Mujhe bhi yahi lagta hai...infact kahi dino se main yeh soch rahi thi. I just didnt get to talk to you about it. Nandini will be the perfect badi bahu of our house aur woh Riddhima ko jaanti bhi hai...Jethani devrani mein pehle se dost hai.

R: Great...then leave the rest to me.

Raj kept his phone away and called out to his sons. "Manik! Dhruv! Leave it...hum aaj chawl nahi todenge."

"Kya? Kyun?" Manik asked.

"Aise hi....Gupta, come meet me in my office tomorrow, same time." Raj said before turning to go. Manik, Viren & Dhruv had no clue why Raj suddenly changed his mind but just followed behind.

*****************

A Few Days Later...

"What! Dad, you know mujhe shaadi nahi karni, aise kaise aapne shaadi fix kardi and with who?" Manik asked.

"Manik just because I allow you to take decisions of thsi house doesnt mean you will question me!" Raj sternly replied. "Tumhare chahne ya na chahne se kcuh nahi hoga...Nyo and I have decided that Nandini will be your wife and thats final!"

"But-"

"No buts Manik!" Nyonika spoke up. "Nandini is a great girl, she is sweet, loving...responsible....she is everything a guy could ask for."

"I think Nyonika is right Manik." Vasudha, Manik's Dadi added. "Ab teri shaadi ki umar ho gaya hai....If you love us then you will marry this girl."

Manik sighed and finally agreed. He couldnt say no to his family after all. "Thik hai...Ill marry this Nandini Gupta."

Meanwhile in Nandini's Chawl....

"Papa...pls pls aisa mat kijiye. Main uss...uss aadmi ke saath kais-"

"SHUT UP!" Raghav Gupta grabbed his daughter by her hair. "If you were a boy then you could have supported us, mera vansh aage bada sakti thi...lekin NAHI!"

Raghav shoved Nandini roughly to the ground making her wimper in pain. "Ek ladki ko humare ser pe dalke marr gayi teri Ma!"

"Papa...pls..I dont wnat too-"

"Chup! I will decide what you will and will not do ! Zindagi mein pehli baar tu kisi kaam aa rahi hai. Teri shaadi wahan karwake do cheezein honge...ek mere ser se ter bojh uth jayega, aur dusra...mera karz uthar jayega!" Raghav sneered before walking away.