Chapter 18

Finally Nandini was allowed to go home and as Nyonika handled the paperwork Manik helped Nandini get her things ready and then to the car wjich was parked in the parking lot. A few of Manik's men were waiting by another car as security when they saw Nandini.They had heard she was injured but didnt really know how much.

"Haha ha! Dekho toh....yeh toh apahij hai!" One man laughed as Nandini was wheeled towards the car.

"I know...Boss toh Mafia King se Caretaker King ban gaya!" Another man whispered laughing. Nandini felt her eyes tearing up.

PUNCH!

"HOW DARE YOU!" Manik heard him and punched the man. Then he turned and punched the other man as well.

"B..B..Bos.s...m..main..."

"SHUT UP! MERI BIWI KE BAARE MEIN WOH SAB KEHNE KI HIMMAT KAISE KI TUM DONO NE? HUH?" Manik shouted. Nandini wheeled her wheelchair over and grabbed Manik's arm.

"Manik! Jaane do....pls, just leave it." Nandini begged. Not wanting to stress Nandini, Manik let them go and took Nandini to his car.

At Malhotra Mansion, she was welcomed like a queen. Everyone cheered and hugged her warmly.

"Ishaan...tu apni bhabhi ko upar kamre mein le jaa. Main aata hoon." Manik told his cousin. Nandini caught his wrist as he turned to go.

"Manik...kaha jaa rahe ho?"

"Oh Bhabhi chill..bhai aapke paas hi ayenge." Ishaan joked, earning himself a glare from Manik. Manik then looked at Nandini and gently placed his hand on her head.

"Mujhe bas kuch kaam hai Rehaan ke saath. Ill be back....tum aaram karo kamre mein."

Nandini nodded and Manik went to his study where Rehan was holding the two men by their necks. Their faces were all bloody and swollen from being beaten. Manik smirked and sat on his chair.

'Kaafi himmat ho gaya hai tum logon ka huh? Mere samne...meri biwi ko apahij bola, usse hurt kiya....baaadd idea, very bad idea."

The men gulped in fear and were shivering. "B..B..B..Bo..Boss...so..s..sorry...phirse nahi hoga."

"You're right...phirse nahi hoga. Kyunki agar hua....jaan le lunga main tum dono ka." Manik threatened. "Uss waqt main sirf Nandini ki wajah se chup raha...lekin main uske ankhon mein ansun nahi dekh sakta...now, apna saman lo aur niklo yahan se. You're fired."

The two guys begged and pleaded with Manik but he just walked away with Rehan.

"Rehan....make sure they never come back here again."

"Dont worry Manik...agar unko apna jaan pyara hai toh dubara yahan nahi ayega." Rehan assured him. "Tum jao...bhabhi ke saath thoda time spend karo."

Manik then went back to the main hall where Riddhima stood with her parents.

"Oh Uncle, Aunty...aap log kaise hai?" Manik greeted.

"Beta ab toh paata chal gaya hai na..ki tu humara damaad hai? Mom Dad bol humme." Harsh smiled.

"Ji Harsh Dad." Manik agreed.

"Vaise hum iss liye aaye they kyunki....do hafte baad Nandini ki janam din hai." Neelam told everyone. "Aur hum uske liye ek surprise party rakhna chahte hai. Itne saalon baad humari beti humare saath apna janam din spend karengi."

"Birthday? Mujhe toh usne kuch bola hi nahi." Manik wondered.

"Nandini toh aise hi hai Manik bhai." Riddhima chuckled. "She doesnt like to make a big deal of it....par Gupta house mein nobody celebrated her birthday and even though she never said anything.....mujhe paata hai usse burra lagta tha."