Chapter 13

It was night time and Manik was fast asleep. Nandini was also sleeping on the couch. The hospital itself was not as busy....aside from the night staff. Nyonika & Riddhima had also gone home. The unknown man entered the hospital discretly (Only his back is shown) he snuck into one staff room and came out wearing a white doctors coat and a white mask that covers the bottom half of his face. Nobody really paid any attention to him as he walked past without looking towards anyone. 

Finally he got to Manik's room, slowly opened the door and closed it behind him. Eyeing Nandini who was sleeping peacefully, the man put on some gloves.

"Im so sorry Nandini...lekin agar tum baar baar Manik ko bachate nahi toh tumhe maarna nahi parta." The man whispered. He reached forwards and started squeezing Nandini's throat. This made Nandini wake up and she started to panic seeing the man above her. She opened her mouth to scream but the man just choked her harder making it impossible to make a sound. She gasped for air as she flailed her arms helplessly. She then kicked him off of her and pushed him to the ground.

"HEL-" Nandini used that moment to try and yell for help but the man stood up again and grabbed her from the back, his hand over her mouth. 

"AAH!" The man yelled out and suddenly released his hold on Nandini. Stumbling back, he fell to the ground holding his head. Nandini, who was coughing badly and gasping for breathe turned to see Manik holding the tray that Nandini had used earlier to bring his food in. He was heavily drugged to help with the pain but still somehow he woke up hearing Nandini and even though everything was blurry for him, he forced himself to stand up and protect Nandini.

"Manik!" Nandini ran to him and hugged him.

Taking this moment, the unknown man got up to run

"Hey! STOP!" Manik yelled out, he swayed in his spot form the drugs but Nandini supoorted him. Then a few ward boys ran in hearing the sound but the man ran towards the windows. Manik went to grab his arm and he roughly pushed Manik towards the ward boys before humping out the window.

"Gaurds!" Nandini yelled out. "Catch him!"

Then she turned her attention towards Manik. "Manik..."

"Nandini..."

"Tum thik ho?" Both of them asked at the same time. They were suprised for a second and then laughed. "Haan.."

Slowly his laughter subsided and the effects of the drugs wore down. Manik's vision cleared and he noticed the red marks on Nandini's neck which were starting to bruise and turn bluish. He gently touched it and Nandini flinched in pain. 

"Im gonna kill the bastard." Manik growled in anger. His eyes were red and he was literally shaking....it actualy frightened Nandini to see him like this. "Jaan le lunga main uska...aur uss Aliya ki bhi!"

"Manik...mujhe nahi lagta ki Aliya ne-"

Manik didnt wait to hear Nandini and just stood up, walking out of the room. He couldnt see anything but Nandini's pain and injury.