3 | The Wanderer of The Worlds

3 | The Wanderer of Worlds

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Makalaurë | Master of the Mystic Arts

Location: Kamar-Taj, Tibet, Earth

Time: 1370 C.E

Makalaurë was rarely angry.

However: he decided to make an exception today.

He strode into the Sanctuary's training grounds, his rich blue robes billowing behind him as he focused his gaze upon the figure standing in front of the group of sorcerers. He already sensed the tension as he graced over her stiffened shoulders, raising her arm to stop the students from conjuring the runic circles.

As he arrived several paces before them, he heard her instruct them: "Class is further dismissed." 

Many eyes went to him, glancing back and forth as they moved out of the open courtyard before he heard her speak.

"Makalaurë—"

"Is it true? You...you use the Dark Dimension." His seething was barely but a whisper.

There was a long silence.

Isolde continued to look away as she said in a quieter tone, "It is the only way."

He ground his teeth, biting away a seething hiss. Twice had this happened to him in his entire life, watching someone he cared for waste away for a choice that would tie them to such a painful life. A choice that was either ritual or oath.

Makalaurë knew the consequences of them all. He had seen his family be torn apart. He felt himself waste away in grief and guilt and to this day he still did, mourning for the losses despite knowing his duty as now a Master of the Mystic Arts. His father, his brothers...now his only friend he considered family too.

All he wondered was why. Why would she choose this path? And yet all he could muster out was his disbelief and the swirling conflicted thoughts in his head.

Because in one way, he didn't have to lose the only anchor of his sanity in such a short time. But in doing so, it would be a heavy price.

"I don't know how I feel about it." Taking a step forward, he tried to nudge her to look back at him, "Of you...choosing this way. You know the downsides of immortality, Isolde. Both of us know it."

Finally, she turned around, her eyes now aged and yet he could tell the unfathomable unhealthiness of her immortality. How her hair began to thin despite her youthful appearance. In a few decades, many would wonder how truly ancient the Sorcerer Supreme was.

And how she became immortal.

"It is the only way to protect our world from the threats," She told him, maintaining her composure and confidence despite the slight guilt edged in her tone, "Even if it means I must take measures beyond the natural law."

Taking a deep breath, Makalaurë rubbed his palms together before he stared back at her.

"I trust your decisions, Isolde." He answered in an honest voice, "But if anything happens. If...if Dormammu seeks Earth. You must let me know. I won't let you fight them alone."

Surprised by his response, there was a softening in Isolde's gaze as he returned with an assured sad smile.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Time: 1375 C.E

Kamar-Taj had several rooms restricted to very few members of their group. Mostly consisting of the longest-reigning Masters of the Mystic Arts, they were allowed to conduct their research and work within the Sanctuary. And in some cases, they were also advised to maintain the destruction of property by using other means.