17 | Perainur

17 | Perainur

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Arwen Undómiel | The Evenstar

Location: Edoras, Rohan, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: March 2981 T.A

Dream walking had become easier throughout the years of her life.

Especially from the last four decades, as the confidence in her magic resurged, she had been allowed to explore the many options of her natural abilities. Lady Galadriel always said that despite having the gifts from her mother, her ability of dream walking will always be unique to her – blended with her father's ability of foresight through dreams and visions.

But Astral Projection - yes it was almost the same as they occur during a state of peace and lack of physical bodies - was even more dangerous. When the soul was split from the body and the mind was the only thing tethering between the two planes. Her mother told her that it was possible to multiply herself, create copies through a similar state and use the bending of light to imitate the image.

Then there was the time when she had projected herself to dream and find Aragorn – and that was when Arwen Undómiel realised she could go beyond that.

That it could be possible to move through the Astral Dimension by materializing her physical body from one place to another.

None of the books her mother provided spoke of it.

Though, why was she thinking of this? Shouldn't she be finding ways to help with the war efforts? To stop Sauron from advancing even more towards the West.

Perhaps because the moment she hit her pillow; Arwen woke up standing on her feet a few hours later – in a dark-lit room.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It appeared to be some sort of great hall.

Chandeliers of dark metal and crystals hung up on the ceiling. Lamps lit with a reddish glow as they imitated the darkening horizon from the balcony. As she slowly walked towards them, Arwen almost felt the cold marble upon her bare feet. The coldness and heat mixed as they brushed through her skin as she finally arrived out – the air in her lungs leaving her.

Out in front of her was a barren wasteland. With red, black and brown hues making it brighter due to the stars and moon above. But that wasn't what made her horrified at where she found herself.

Because right in the distance was the very mountain two certain people were heading towards.

Mount Doom.

When her hand shakily shot up to her mouth, Arwen was at loss for words. How in Arda did she get here?

"Someone is here."

Her entire body froze, almost feeling her physical heart stop as she heard a voice. Arwen slowly moved away from the balcony, sliding back into the round hall before deciding to then run and hide. There was no point, however; the place was practically lit up despite assuming this very tower would be owned by the same person that should be with a dark Vala.

' No... '

As she rotated at her heels – there was no time for her to hide or to concentrate back to where she was. Or if this was just merely her own creation of a nightmare.

The only exception is that how could she imagine the dark Maia that had tortured and marred this world to be so...beautiful. That was the only way she could describe him. The Lord of Mordor was far from the drawings and paintings she had seen, but even more different than the elven emissary known to the elves of Lindon as Annatar.