23 | Joys of Youth

23 | Joys of Youth

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Illyria Strange | The Eternal

Location: Arthorien, Far Harad, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: April 2981 T.A

Illyria learnt one thing before returning to Middle Earth; that was to never listen to the voices in your head whilst you're dreaming.

Those voices in your head could be anything. Maybe Nightmare or Chthon or perhaps even Mephisto. She had seen others follow voices, and turn against those they love until they realise how much death and destruction they caused by their actions. How much manipulation would be caused by wanting to have what you couldn't obtain?

And yet a week ago she followed it.

Now...she was here.

Wherever this place was.

But those dreams didn't talk about this place. No, it mentioned something completely different. Further. Older even. Between the known and the unknown.

Surprise: her 'Strange' streak hasn't gotten her killed. (or worse: expelled.) Thank the presence of a rational not-so-rational hobbit and a practically walking elven-sorcerer-mummy for keeping her alive for the past two days straight. [1]

Which now in turn came into question about the elephant in the room...or girl in the room. Technically.

Okay, okay... Perhaps she should rewind a little before she could continue on. And that is: what actually happened in Bozisha-Dar from her point of view.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It happened just as they were on the way through the city, maybe just as they were about to cross the main avenue that halved the city districts. She wasn't certain what it was, but there was a very disturbing feeling deep inside her (not that deep; don't think like that) that made her spin and shiver and her throat choke up whilst she was forced to inhale the spicy humid air around her.

She knew it wasn't just the sweatiness of her clothes or the fact that she felt full after eating the breakfast Dalolthar prepared them. If she felt any sickness it would be because of anything else than food (and no! Not that sort of morning sickness goddammit). Almost as if her magic and her soul were reacting to something that was happening somewhere in the city.

Then she heard the people on the street talk. Something about an event just outside the Katedrala caused a lot of them to ditch their daily jobs and head towards the place. What happened down there? Have they announced something about them? Did they know about Maglor and whoever he was with?

The more they walked, there was a growing sensation weighed down on her, dragging and pulling until she was forced to see what was happening in the crowd.

And when she did, all she could sense was her heart pounding inside her chest. Her entire body almost quaked at the sight of the pyre that was about to be lit.

Tied inside was a girl.

The same girl she met on the street the day they entered the city.

Not even disgust or horror or even anger filled her as something within her acted – causing her chest to burn as she barged through the crowd and headed up to the altar.

Then hell broke loose.

Which hell meant blinding over a dozen of people as she swooped in to grab the girl before she could get burnt and raced off with her, dozens more soldiers racing with their pointed spears and swords.