34 | A New Alliance

34 | A New Alliance

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Maglor Fëanorion | The Wanderer of Worlds

Location: Remnant of Ormal, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: May 2981 T.A

-Years of The Trees-

Makalaurë's jaw tightened.

He had sung the same recalling song the fourth time and yet he could not achieve what Lady Nienna had taught him. How he should project not only his heart but his fëa through the music. Allow his spirit to pour into the sounds like bringing everything he was to it. The Vala often described it as letting his emotions let the song dictate it, rather than his mind dictating the movements.

However, no matter how much he brought every passion and determination upon his mouth, or the strumming of his fingers on the string – it was the same result. A sense of depletion and frustration as he stared in front of him.

About a dozen elves were apprenticing Lady Nienna, all of who circled the rotunda. Each of them with their preferred method, albeit singing, playing an instrument or even both. They had sat for hours, with some achieving their goal whilst others – like him – had barely seen anything sprout in front of them.

He frowned in dismay, staring down at the dirt pot which contained a seed.

For one being the Vala of Grief, Sorrow and Mourning: there was a lot of sitting trying to grow a plant.

'Remember what Lady Nienna said: pour not project.'

If Tyelko was here, he would be laughing about this whilst Moryo would snap at him to shut him up.

"Kanafinwë."

Makalaurë's head lifted, only to meet Lady Nienna's gaze.

Already, he imagined the room locking eyes with him.

'You have stopped, young one.'

Her voice, deep and mellow, echoed like a stream.

'Is there something wrong?'

His fingers regripped the spine of his harp as he swallowed.

'No, my lady.' Makalaurë answered whilst his fingers tried not to fiddle on the harp strings. 'I...It appears I am having trouble growing my flower. Perhaps the seed cannot grow.'

By the corner of his gaze, he watched the Vala stare down at him.

'All seeds, no matter the circumstances, grow...if you put the nurture and material—'

'But I am trying!'

He snapped his mouth physically shut as he realised what he did. With his head flicking upwards, he was about to apologise but he noticed that Lady Nienna did not seem shocked nor disappointed by his outburst. In truth he almost wanted to curl up, awaiting to attest what she might comment.

However, he merely lowered his voice.

'I-I mean...I have sung and played the song you wished of me to do.' Makalaurë awkwardly stammered out, adding on: 'My lady.'

It was then Lady Nienna pondered.

When he first began his apprenticeship, he heard stories of those who were once taught by her. Of how her teachings had altered the perspectives of those of the Eldar, though not the in the ways of not simply practice, but the alteration of methods to practice as well. There was one ner who spoke how it was quite unlike how the rest of the Vala would speak of but it is not something to be discouraged of.