13 | I'm in a Getaway Car

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Curufinwë Fëanáro | The Engineer

Location: School of Engineering, Oxford, UK, Earth

Time: August 2027

He should thank the summer holidays for giving him the breath to relax. With so much going on, he wasn't sure how he had been able to function.

Alongside the issue with Eä and Dagor Dagorath, Theodore Madoc and the Raft, and Illyria Strange's list of names to find: he also had postgraduate applications, undergraduate exams, and new student applications to get through. Not to mention having to begin preparations to move his and Illyria's work to his company research facilities.

At first, the young astrophysicist refused his suggestion in moving their work across the country. Probably since Illyria Strange didn't trust him entirely despite all the support and work he had done for her and their sake. But during those times, and perhaps him warming up to his supposed titled daughter, Fëanor managed to finally gain the support from her that would allow him and them to move their equipment and the Silmaril portal up to his headquarters.

On one condition, however. To make sure that the contacts he gave to Darcy Lewis - and vice versa - would be able to meet with them before she would return from whatever trip she was going with his second-eldest son.

That was also something in which he had been struck with shock and emotion.

Seeing his son, knowing eventually who he was, had snapped a string within his chest. Could it be his heart breaking once more, with the first being Caranthir shouting at him for neglecting their choice with the Oath and their exile – and now seeing him? 

Maglor, his second-eldest son, who wandered realities for possibly beyond the age of elven lifespans, simply greeted him so tensely.

Deep down in his heart: Fëanor wanted to ask what had caused him to do this. Why did Maglor go down this path? Why out of all people did he choose to side with the sorcerers? With beings that meddled with reality and fate.

The first thing he wanted to do was blame them. The Valar. He would always blame them for the consequences. Despite knowing the counterarguments many others and his siblings have concurred, they would never outweigh his disappointment and anger against the quasi-gods who dictated their lives. It was the very reason he chose science and respected Earth. Gods and cosmic beings didn't affect their lives on a small scale. And even if they did, there were people like superheroes and gods who would retaliate against them.

But his son...his son looked exhausted.

He knew those eyes despite their eerie glow – how much they've seen. How much death, destruction, and pain Maglor had seen would not match anything else others had.

Though, his stubbornness and Maglor's didn't want to confront it. And he could tell from Maedhros and Illyria that they were waiting for him or Maglor to at least talk to one another.

That never seemed to come. 

Well. Not yet anyway, considering it was too risky to have two Silmarils together (or so he knew). 

Fëanor was confused and albeit suspicious between the three who arrived. There was something between his sons and Illyria that they didn't want to divulge, causing him to glower internally. Had it been something to do with why they found Maglor or the reason why Illyria Strange would be going with Maglor somewhere unknown?