29 | The Wise Words of Bilbo Baggins

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Elrond Peredhel | Lord of Rivendell

Location: Rivendell, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: April 2981 T.A

"You are getting better with that ring of hers, mellon."

Mereneth told him this as they strode side by side towards one of Cirdan's courtyards.

She also mentioned, "You almost had Ereinion's arm off the last time. Now you can get two or three people through."

Once they were in the middle of the open area, thankful that it was empty at this time of day, Elrond had no restraint and simply sighed to himself. At least he didn't rub his temples (possibly the thirtieth time today) either because of stress or the comments and actions he received or saw.

Most were because of the future meetings they were going to have.

The next was because of Ereinion and the Teleri elleth beside him.

'Oh to have you back, melmenya.' He mentally groaned as he slipped out the sling ring from his sleeve and heaved again. 'Must you leave me with two of the most tiresome quendi that we consider as friends?'

He eyed sideways to her and commented tiredly, "Thank you, Mereneth." He then ushered her, "Now, please. Be polite."

"I am polite," Mereneth replied defensively.

All he returned was a raised eyebrow before he conjured up the golden gateway.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

When both he and Mereneth stepped through, the first thing Mereneth commented on was how much the place changed since she had last been there. His immediate thoughts were how bland and bleak it was now: noticing how bare the structures were without the overflowing plants and flowers blossoming. She did find a way to make it cheerful, pointing out that this place was exactly what she described him as well as Illyria.

He felt that sting in his heart before he turned his way and guided her towards his study. Thankfully his presence wasn't entirely too surprising, finding Lindir who welcomed him and Mereneth. Once Lindir informed him that the person they wish to speak to was already inside, Elrond thanked him as they entered the study.

When the doors creaked open, he and Mereneth found the familiar dwarven king standing up from the chair followed by another dwarf with whom Elrond was vaguely familiar with. Though once Thorin Oakenshield bowed his head and Elrond followed respectfully, the former introduced the other dwarf: introducing him as Bofur.

Ah, one of the companions during Oakenshield's quest. He remembered oddly from Elrohir that he was the one who would often offer them pipe weed once they joined the Company.

(Elrond intentionally blocked every memory regarding his wife or his children and their antics with the dwarves – especially when it came to the most crazed and ridiculous things they did.)

Though once Thorin eyed him confusedly, he asked: "I thought you were in the Grey Havens, Lord Elrond?"

Glancing sideways to the Teleri elleth, Elrond responded, "Illyria has given me her methods of travel. Hence why I bring you someone whom you'd like to know." He then gestured to her, politely referring to her name, "Thorin Oakenshield, this is Mereneth of the Greenwood, though you may know it now as Mirkwood."