21 | A Star follows the Darkness

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Arwen Undómiel | The Evenstar

Location: Meduseld, Edoras, Rohan, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: April 2981 T.A

How does one make a choice such as this? To leave everything and everyone she loved and to choose the hardest path. It was never something Arwen Undómiel ever had to do. Even after choosing to join the Fellowship, this was far from that as well. Because unlike this, her choice to join to destroy the Ring had been in her mind since seeing the possible future.

But this?

The future was all but a blur.

Since her brother's arrival with the Dunedain, she kept the secret to herself with only Elladan, Elrohir and Gandalf knowing it. And the longer since then, the guilt had grown so much that it began to make her feel sick to the stomach. It felt like she was carrying so much, and yet it weighed physically nothing. Sleepless nights, tossing and turning in her temporary cot, caused her to grow more paranoid until Tazhin finally noticed.

That was one thing that made it harder was that there was nothing to hide when it came to the Gondorian healer.

However, Arwen simply brushed it off and assured her friend that it was just because she was worried about her parents and the rest of her family. Which was no lie. It had been months since she saw them and all she could hope was that they were alright. Even if she knew that her father must be drowning in immense fear that the only thing stopping him would be constantly working. As for her mother, there was a feeling within her that she had made a choice. Her mother's presence felt awfully far, though not too faint as if she was back on Earth.

That confused her a lot, but she could assure herself and her brothers that their mother was still somewhere in Arda...just rather far from them. How so? They weren't sure.

Arwen only trusted her instincts for the sake of her own heart, secretly mentally preparing herself as the days passed and the particular night would overlook in a mere blink of an eye. Though despite it being quick it felt as if it was years until it arrived.

How her brother's sight was getting more accurate baffled her, but even Elrohir wasn't sure how he was able to get such things right. She and Elrohir have always been adept at their father's natural traits, though only Arwen ever saw it due to her training with Lady Galadriel. But as their time with their mother grew after her reincarnation, it seemed as if her brother had somehow improved immensely.

Probably to do with finally learning how to harness their abilities more than ever before, Elrohir's sight was surprisingly more specific than hers.

Not that she would ever feel jealous of it, though Arwen felt quite proud as well that her brother was getting better since they last saw one another.

Even Elladan had improved, though mostly in his aspect of magic. His ability to conjure weapons and to imitate their own elven ones with eldritch magic was a sight to behold. Moments Arwen would spar against him in their last moments before her departure; she would be in awe at his powers that she would tend to drift off and end up on the floor too many times.

She would miss them so much.

Not just them, though, but everyone here whom she had grown to care for and love. The Fellowship and the people of Gondor and Rohan whom she got to understand and know so much about.