16 | Welcome to Far Harad

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Illyria Strange | The Eternal

Location: Harad? Far Harad? Who knows...?

Time: April 2981 T.A

Her first – and probably last – visit to the Amazon established the fact that she wasn't fit for hot humid climates.

So when she thought Maglor would be dumping them in the middle of the desert-like it was Tatooine, Illyria Strange was surprised that she was met by the influx of just stuffy water vapour onto her.

It was like going into a sauna the moment they stepped through from the outskirts of Rivendell, sucking in a breath at the heat and humidity. Or whatever humidity was, she might as well be drowning herself within such the stuffiness of water surrounding them, wondering as well if it was the water sticking to her skin or was actually her sweat.

She just had to thank Maglor that they didn't use the Silmaril instead to travel here, knowing that she would be nauseated and sweating. She was surprised that Bilbo hadn't complained much, but then again his attire looked more fitting for the weather compared to hers.

As Illyria moved her head upwards to pan around her surroundings, she was met by a vast landscape that was beyond her comprehension of what Middle Earth was.

They stood atop what seemed to be a cliff face, hidden by an area of vast trees that were different to the evergreen fir trees the valley had. They looked to be like palm trees, with others handing odd coloured fruits and berries. Rolling hills of grasslands and flora, with outcrops of yellowish and dark rocks from certain parts. The shade of green was a little brighter than most, with a collection of various colourful plants.

On the far horizon seemed to be a line of darkness, perhaps a forest or jungle somewhat stretching across after the winding river below. And before then, a large road stretched beside the large river, with settlements dotted across.

On the right side from where they stood were endless streams of hills and more jungle, with the brightened starlit skies reflecting a silver glow underneath. The clouds were wispy, swirling to almost waves as if they were painted on a canvas much like Vincent Van Gogh's. [1]

However, what seemed so distinctive was the place itself. It felt so different and yet familiar. A strong pulse of energy surrounded the area that even Illyria almost wanted to ask the elven sorcerer if he could sense it as well. Could it be the thing that she had drawn about in the maps? Or maybe something else entirely?

And as much as she couldn't help but feel so mesmerized at the place they arrived at; one thing still confused her.

Where the actual fuck were they?

Bilbo Baggins seemed to have the right mind, adjusting his pack that was on his shoulders. To be fair, she insisted on helping him carry his stuff but the hobbit was quick to snap back at her, insisting that he was perfectly fine and that if she mentioned anything about his 'supposed' age (which definitely didn't show a lot): Bilbo was going to lecture her until the quest was done.

Yeah, she might have to concede and not argue any further with her hobbit friend.

Illyria was still looking around along with Bilbo before she eyed Maglor standing a little further from them at the side.

She then asked him, "Where are we?" Illyria raised a brow as she added bluntly, "And why does it look like a rendition of the Shire but if the Shire was in a Bollywood set?" [2]