4 | The Nightingale

4 | The Nightingale

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Makalaurë | The Wanderer of Worlds

Location: Constantinople, Ottoman Empire, Earth

Time: 1550 C.E

After a decade of creating his new relic (or perhaps a sort of side hobby he enjoyed), Lokachari venture within the universe of the present date. He carried with him little, preferring to blend into the world around him and experiencing the evolving life of what society was like.

He even managed to travel to the New World...or what would become the Americas once the humans decided to push into their future modern technology.

Though despite learning how humans grew and learnt and found, it was the people to which brought his fear back to the front part of his mind. It had shocked him and shook him down to his core that he eagerly whisked himself away back to Kamar-Taj, hoping to find answers along with the Time Stone as well as the Silmaril.

One day, he asked to visit the Sorcerer Supreme, confused as to why she was visiting Constantinople.

He found her to his surprise just on the outskirts of the city, walking about until she gave him her usual amused gleam before disappearing around the corner of the alleyway.

Sometimes he wished Isolde was less mysterious so he didn't have to chase her about.

He finally discovered her having tea in one of the public tea rooms in the city, sitting crossed legged onto the floor just as he thanked the waiter with his cup.

Isolde nodded to him, greeting him and asking how he was liking the city – only for Lokachari to retort that it would be nice to tour it without going on a goose chase.

After hearing her chuckle under her tea, he changed the subject to the reason he was here in the first place.

"I met someone on my travels to the Americas," Lokachari informed her, "One of them somehow began speaking Taliska to me."

Isolde's lighthearted joy turned to seriousness in a second, peering her gaze towards him. "Did they arrive here somehow?" She asked.

Lokachari shook his head. "No. They appeared far similar to the people native to the land but...the moment they were exposed to me they somehow changed. The Gem changed them, allowed them to remember."

He glanced down to where his chest was. Hidden underneath his robes was the Gem, its hum and concealed power still radiating out. Lokachari had used it so many times that he had gotten used to its presence constantly on him.

Placing her teacup down, Isolde spoke: "Reincarnation is possible in certain people. People who possess the ability can and could do so with their souls." She frowned, trailing off. "But through universes..."

They both turned to silence, letting the bustling room fill the noise between them.

He had gone with some explorers further west of the northern continent, discovering a tribe where to his surprise: one of them somehow began to understand the Mannish Language after he had noticed their mind to be stark of the rest of their people.

That person, despite not knowing them from his world, somehow had a fëa.

The man was as confused as well, wondering why he could remember and why an elf was here in the first place.

"It is not just the Silmaril that is behind all of this, Isolde." He said gravely, gulping back the bile which now constricted his throat. "The Silmaril could just be a conduit of the bigger picture. And perhaps why only I can travel our worlds using it and not the sling rings."