20 | No. 1 Reason to Never trust a Strange

20 | No.1 Reason to Never trust a Strange

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Maglor Fëanorion | The Wanderer of Worlds

Location: Raj, Far Harad, Middle Earth, Arda

Time: April 2981 T.A

Once the moon sunk below the horizon, Maglor decided to wake Illyria and Bilbo up from Dalolthar's spare room.

Well, technically only Bilbo Baggins.

He knew that Illyria had been awake for the entire night, meditating and reading in the Astral Realm. Considering the laid-back demeanour the young half-Aini wore, she knew he was aware of her and simply stayed in the guild the entire time.

As for him: his entire night consisted of updating himself on the news for both Far Harad, Near Harad and Umbar.

Dalolthar (as always) was efficient and an informative spy and messenger, providing him with the past few years worth of letters and correspondence from others. Spies and watchers whom those Maglor knew and trusted to remain quiet during his years in the south. It was no minor feat, however. Centuries of growing his network had been difficult but possible. There were ups and downs during that time and sometimes Maglor couldn't comprehend how he had managed to do it.

Especially with the Istari and Sauron's forces around: they had done so undetected.

Though it was no fault but Ulmo's. The Vala had done what he could to keep his secret secure all for the sake of their plans. Hopefully, they would be able to keep it a secret by the time Dagor Dagorath arrives and possibly after it.

If there was an after of course.

After a quick breakfast consisting of fried plantain and flatbread (to which Bilbo was amazed and loved the idea of the various banana plants), they left the guild and headed west of the city. Maglor thanked Dalolthar deeply, knowing how risky it was to harbour them. Instead, the peredhel shook his head and assured him that it was the least he could do – reminding him again of the conversation they had last night. He wouldn't forget what Dalolthar had said, especially as it still cause a ripple in his spine as imagined what The Dar had been doing. [1][2]

Illyria Strange thanked the peredhel next for not only the room but for allowing her to explore their collection. Just as she did, the young peredhel before them turned slightly pink, bowing his head in return before he told her that if she and Bilbo ever returned – it would be an honour to know more about the North and the elves and hobbits who lived there.

He stood back, a small smile on his lips as he watched the three. Maglor could only wish that there would be a time that they would return here.

But not now, sadly.

As they began their trek through the city, he reminded the two to stay together and keep their veils up. Because as much as the streets were rather quiet, he did not want any attention from them at a time like this. All they had to do was to get to the certain marker Maglor had been sent through Dalolthar and they would be able to leave The Dar without notice.

Rather simple?

Except Maglor Fëanorion forgot one thing.

Nothing was simple when it came to him...especially with Illyria Strange.

At his rather old (practically anachronistic) age, he had learnt one thing when it came to spending any time with this certain sorceress and that was she was one of the worst stealthy companions to date. She was a magnet for danger and equally as reckless as any other superhero he encountered in his life. Maglor had almost lost count of the number of realities in which Illyria Strange caused at least a city-scaled conundrum. And the number of times she had caused anything less was perhaps even less.