18 | Thena of the Eternals

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Maedhros Fëanorion | The Red Wolf

Location: One Mile from Hillah, Iraq, Earth

Time: August 2027

Maedhros never liked sand. [1]

The first time he did had been a trip to Alqualondë and the coastal towns in Eldamar. The beaches there were equivalent to what you'd think of in the Bahamas. White sandy beaches, palm trees and the open bright blue sea that would stretch upon miles. His parents were invited along with his grandfather to attend a festival the Falmari held, and it comprised of enjoying it on the beach.

It was a shame that memory had been stripped of happiness the moment the first kinslaying happened. All memory of sand consisted of swords and bodies falling upon the beach: blood spilling all over that there was nothing but red.

A desert had been the worst thing he could ever want to enter upon, and another hidden reason as to why he declined an offer of coming with Illyria, Bilbo Baggins, and his brother south to Far Harad.

Yet here he was, having to be in Iraq – said landscape he didn't want to go into. Unfortunately, he had no choice, considering the people who he was about to meet were meant to meet with him here. Maedhros had never been to Iraq or anywhere within the arid climates of Earth. He would often remain close to Wakanda's borders, Siberia, North America, or Europe. Except for that one time having to explore the Amazon but that was something he didn't want to experience again.

That didn't mean he couldn't survive it. Temperature wasn't something elves were often affected and thus he was not entirely hurting from the blazing sun coming down upon him. In a way it felt odd; after months without sunlight he had grown used to the constant night.

He walked for another twenty minutes since Maglor and Illyria left, and already he was hoping they would come soon. This side-quest in which his enigmatic brother was stopping him from having to finish the plans he wanted, but all he could do now was hope both Elrond and Glorfindel were managing enough on the list he gave them.

Maedhros muttered in his mother's native tongue, wondering where these certain people whom Maglor tossed back at him were.

Right on time, between the smooth rockfaces between the small valley – a figure appeared. To his surprise it was just a man, wearing a shirt and a leather jacket along with some dark black jeans. His hair was cut short, skin pale despite the blistering heat as he almost strutted up to him.

When their eyes met Maedhros, he felt something poke within his mind.

Narrowing his eyes, he clenched his hands as he warned, "Get out of my head."

The man blinked, tilting his head to the side before he answered, "Well you're stronger than I thought you would be." His Irish accent was prominent as he diverted from the topic and eyed him up and down. The man spoke, "But you look like him. Slightly."

Maedhros continued to peer back at him, quickly putting the pieces together to finally recognize the familiar face.

A certain face he had seen very briefly on the news.

The man (or rather alien) rolled his eyes before he drawled out, "Ugh, you have that soldier vibe like him." He then spun at his heels, waving his hand back at him, "Come on wizard, she's waiting."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

They didn't walk for long until Maedhros stared at what seemed to be a large black object in the middle of the valley. From the reflection of the sunlight, he noticed the circular engravings upon it, almost as if it was marble, from the sleek cut of what seemed to be the shape of some triangular table.