8

"Joyce, she's been gone all night and I can't find her...will you please help," Hopper said, walking into the Byers house.

"What's wrong?" Jonathan asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Beau snuck out last night and I have no idea where she is,"

"Well let's start with what happened," Joyce said, motioning for Hopper to sit at the table.

"She was late coming home and I hadn't heard from her in hours. When she walked through the door, I yelled at her. She then told me she called just about everyone she knew because for some reason she didn't have a way home-"

"That was the call we got during the movie last night...we didn't answer it because we thought it was a prank or something," Jonathan said.

"Well anyways, she said that all we do is use her for her powers. She said she's constantly on the run doing shit for other people and she never has time to do anything for herself...then I found this in her room," Hopper threw down Beaus journal.

"What's this?" Joyce asked.

"Diary, I guess...but she talks about how she has family and friends, yet she's so alone. I guess every time she hangs out with the boys or Nancy, it's never for fun, it's always to use her powers. I thought she was happy, Joyce," Hopper was on the verge of tears.

"Stop, don't cry...we'll find Beau and we'll talk about this, okay?"

"Yeah...okay,"

———————

Beau walked through the forest with Rex in her right hand. The once small creature was now around the size of a rat.

"Where should we go? Somewhere to sleep you say...good idea," Beau said, spotting a large branch on a tree.

Climbing to the branch, Beau settled herself and looked up at the sky. Maybe she could get a decent amount of sleep being away from everyone. The only other time she got a complete sleep was months ago when the boys went off to a science camp for a week.

"Beau!" Joyce yelled.

"Beau!" Bob yelled.

"We know you're upset, but we just want to talk,"

"Joyce," Bob said, stopping her.

Pointing up towards the tree, he looked at Beau sitting on the branch. Beau closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Beau, sweetheart...come down please," Joyce said.

"What should we do Rex?" Beau whispered to the creature.

Rex gave a tiny screech in response, almost like he was also trying to whisper. Beau smiled at his actions and looked down at Joyce.

"Please come down...I realize now that we haven't exactly been the best towards you," Joyce frowned.

Beau nodded her head and put Rex in her jacket pocket. Latching onto the tree, she quickly climbed down and stood in front of Joyce and Bob.

"I'm done with people, Joyce...it's like no matter how much I do for them, I get treated like shit," Beau said.

"I see that and I'm sorry. You're always there for us and last night when we needed to be there for you...we weren't," Joyce said, on the verge of tears.

"Joyce, I've gotta get going," Bob said.

"Okay...I'll be here," Joyce said with a smile.

"You just can't go running off like that...not after what happened with Will," Joyce continued.