17

Beau listened to Murray's plan, as well as Dustin and Erica's plan. Each of them had good aspects, but neither of them perfect.

"Beau, what do you think?" Dustin asked.

"I think we combine the plans...I especially think El needs to get the hell out of here, as well as Will, Mike, Lucas, Erica, Dustin. Also Nancy, Jonathan, Steve, and Robin," Beau said.

"And where are you in this plan?" Hopper asked.

"I'm here at the mall in case something happens,"

"No, no that's not gonna happen,"

"Yes it is and you will not stop me...let's carry out this plan!" Beau yelled in Russian, as she smiled.

Murray smiled at Beau, liking her attitude towards the situation. He also found it amusing that Hopper had a Russian speaker in his own backyard.

"It baffles me that you speak Russian," Joyce chuckled.

"It was my first language," Beau smiled.

"Your first?"

"Papa wanted me to be ready for missions,"

"I've never heard you speak Russian," El said.

"I wasn't allowed to speak Russian around you,"

————————

While everyone got ready to leave and carry out their part of the mission, Beau found herself standing around. That was until she decided to walk out and see Steve before he left.

"Be careful, Steve," Beau said, just before he got in the car.

"Come on, I'm always careful," Steve chuckled and walked up to Beau.

"That explains your face,"

"This...this was not my fault,"

"Just don't do anything that'll get you killed Steve...I'll have to pull you out of Hell and kill you myself,"

"Who says I'm going to hell?" Steve scoffed.

"Well I only assumed you were gonna follow me there," Beau smirked as she pulled Steve in for a kiss.

The kiss was quick, but when Beau pulled away, Steve was left speechless. Out of the corner of her eye, Beau could see everyone in the car smiling.

"I'll be expecting that date when you get back...don't forget that Steve," Beau turned around and walked back into the mall.

———————

Once everyone had taken off, Beau found herself resting in one of the chairs, looking up at the skylight. She found it calming until Nancy came running back in with the kids.

"What's going on?" Beau asked.

"The ignition cable on the car is gone and Billy is out there waiting to kill us," Nancy explained.

Beau swallowed, having been told about what happened to Billy. She only hoped that her friend would make it out of this alive.

"We'll take the ignition cable out of this car," Jonathan said, walking over to the destroyed red car.

Beau shook her head and created an ignition cable in her hand. Everyone looked relieved at first, only that went away when they heard loud screeching.

"He's here," Will said.

Beau threw the ignition cable to Jonathan, as she watched the glass above. As the sound got louder, Beau knew everyone needed to move.

"Everyone hide!" Beau yelled.