19

Russia was cold and Beau knew that first hand, as her trip to find her father took her there. Not just as a travel or as a citizen...but as a military employee. As of right now, Beau was a scientist working for the Russians. She was no longer the teen with blonde hair, she was twenty-five year old woman with fiery red hair, a thick Russian accent, and emerald green eyes. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't give up her eyes.

"Vera!" Another scientist yelled.

"What?" Beau asked, that being her new name.

"You are heading down to the camps today...we are told there are some prisoners available for the experiments,"

Beau nodded her head and made her way down towards the cargo bay where all of the trucks were stored. Upon arrival, she found a group of guards waiting for her.

"Let us make this quick, I have research to do," Beau snapped harshly in Russian.

"Of course," A guard said, starting the car.

——————-

Arriving at the camp, Beau looked among all of the prisoners. She knew Hopper was in there somewhere, but it was only a matter of where.

"Vera...long time no see," Dmitri smiled, seeing the scientists.

"Yes you too...I wish to speak alone," Beau motioned for all guards to leave "get the prisoners ready for inspection while you wait!"

"Still bossy I see," Dmitri walked closer to Beau and put his hands on her waist.

Beau wasn't sure what their relationship was, but she knew there was something there. Something similar to what she had with Steve...or maybe it was a replacement for what she had Steve. Either way, something was still missing.

"Very...did you find him?" Beau asked.

"I did and I called Yuri," Dmitri rested his head in the crook of Beaus neck.

"And?"

"I can get him out of here soon...we just need the money from- what was her name again?"

"Joyce. And you're sure we can trust Yuri?" Beau pushed Dmitri back a little bit.

"I am sure...you know if it is true what you say about your superpowers, why don't you just get this American out of here in a snap?"

"I can barley transport myself, let alone two grown men...my portals are too unstable for that,"

"Two? Who else are you bringing back to America?"

Beau smiled and pulled Dmitri in for a kiss. He knew damn well she was gonna drag him along for the ride, whether they were officially dating or not.

"Hawk," A man suddenly said from Beaus left.

Both beau and Dmitri pulled away from each other, wondering who the man was. He stood still, staring at Beau.

"Excuse me?" Beau asked.

"The Hawk...it's in danger," The man repeated.

Beau suddenly realized the code, causing her skin to become pale. The second she had found herself in Russian, she made sure she had spies in Indiana and California.

"Give me one moment," Beau told the man before turning towards Dmitri "I must go now...I don't know when you'll see me again, but promise you'll get yourself and the American out of here,"

"You know I cannot promise...I don't know how this will turn out," Dmitri sighed.

"Then lie to me damn it," Beau pulled Dmitri in for one last kiss.

"We will see each other again...Beau," Dmitri smirked.

"I told you, my real name is not to be spoken...you, let's go," Beau motioned for the man to follow.

Once out of earshot, Beau looked at the man. She only hoped it was something minor.

"There are two teenagers dead in Hawkins and your kids are looking into it. They seem to think it's related to last year," The man said in English.

"And you're sure of this?" Beau asked.

"I am sure,"

Beau nodded her head and walked past the man and out into the nearby forest. There she made a portal just small enough for her to fit through. Stepping through the portal, Beau found herself in an all to familiar small town.

"Oh how I have not missed you,"