11

Beau stayed on the couch, watching Dustin and Steve try and put Rex in the fridge. She wanted to yell at them and continue to hold Rex, but she didn't have it in her.

"Have you guys thought about Beaus feelings...you're stuffing her pet in a fridge," Lucas yelled.

"Beau?" Dustin asked, looking at her.

"Do whatever you want...I don't feel like stopping you," Beau said.

Steve, noticing the tone in her voice, quickly put the dog in the fridge. Once he was done, he took a seat next to Beau.

"Are you really that weak? Wouldn't you change back into old you, if that were the case?" Steve asked.

"I didn't just shape-shift when I decided to look like this, I locked in these genetics...if that makes sense?" Beau smiled.

"Absolutely not,"

"I used my elemental powers to change my genetics...this is me, for good. At least till I age," Beau gave another smile before her vision went black.

———————

As if the lights had just turned on again, Beau found herself hovering above Billy. Looking around, she saw everyone staring at her.

"What happened?" Beau asked.

"What do you mean, what happened? You just laid Billy out in one hit!" Dustin cheered.

"I don't remember any of that...last thing I remember was sitting on the couch with Steve,"

"That doesn't make sense, cause you were just talking with us," Max pointed out.

"Look, we don't have time for this...let's get Steve into the car and go," Mike said, rushing towards the door.

Looking to her left, Beau saw Steve sprawled out on the floor. His face was bloody and bruised, probably from Billy.

"What about Beau?" Lucas asked.

"I'll stay here...or I'll meet you guys at the?"

"The pumpkin patch,"

Beau nodded her head and watched the kids run out of the house, struggling to get Steve.

"You've got quite the punch," Billy said, catching Beaus attention.

"I'm sorry, I have no idea what happened," Beau said, kneeling down next to Billy.

"It's okay...I'm sorry too,"

"For?"

"Leaving you the night of the party. I figured that's why you left,"

"Yeah, it was...can we have a do over? Maybe actually get to know each other this time?"

"Yeah...when I'm able to move again," Billy chuckled.

"Well when that happens, call me...for now, I've gotta go help the kids," Beau quickly wrote her number down and put it in Billy's coat pocket.

Standing up, Beau raced out of the house and made a portal to the farm. Diving through, Beau quickly regretted her decision. Not only did it hurt like hell going through the portal, but she didn't end up at the pumpkin patch.

"Oh no," Beau said, looking at the upside down around her.

She tried to make another portal, but no luck. That's when she realized her nose was bleeding again. She also realized it was possible that the only way out was through the portal El was currently closing.

"Damn it!" Beau yelled, running towards the lab.

———————-

"How do I get through?" Beau said, looking at the gate that hung over a giant pit.