18

Three months later

"So your moving?" Steve said, holding onto Beau.

Beau rested her forehead against Steve's and sighed. She was moving, but not to where Steve thought.

"Yeah," Beau frowned.

"You're nineteen, you don't have to go with Joyce...you can stay with me," Steve looked into Beaus eyes.

"I'm not...I'm not going with Joyce,"

Steve pulled away and looked at Beau confused. Last he checked, she never mentioned going anywhere else.

"Then where are you going?" Steve asked.

"Somewhere other than Hawkins...I can't stand this town," Beau lied.

In reality she planning to go look for Hopper. For some reason, deep down, she believed he wasn't gone. A man like Hopper wouldn't die so easily.

"And what about me? I'm here in Hawkins,"

"I get that, you're welcome to tag along,"

"No, no I can uproot my life in a day...I just got you Beau and now you're leaving to god knows where. I had already made plans with Joyce to come visit you. How will I call you and know you're okay?"

"That's the thing, I'll call you. If you're always here in Hawkins, I have a permanent number to call,"

"But what if you don't call me?!?" Steve began to pace.

"I will, I promise," Beau walked towards Steve and put her hands on his arms.

"I can't lose you Beau," Steve looked down.

"You won't...now let's not make our last day together sad," Beau pulled Steve in for a kiss.

"Last day, huh...it makes it sound like you're leaving for good," Steve pulled away.

"You know what I mean...I mean for all you know I'll be back in a few weeks or if things are really bad, a few days,"

Steve pulled away from Beau completely and walked to sit on his bed. He put his head in his hands, not saying a word.

"Steve please don't act like this," Beau said.

"Leave...just leave," Steve snapped.

He didn't want to tell Beau to leave, but she was gonna do it anyway. She was gonna leave him in Hawkins and go travel the world. The worst part was she never told him before today.

————————

Beau climbed into her truck, which had gotten repaired recently. All of what she owned was piled in the back. Pulling away from Steve house, Beau decided to just drive. She didn't know where she was gonna end up, but at least she was trying to find her father.

"Beau, come in Beau," Dustin said over the radio.

"What do you want kid?" Beau asked.

"Where are you? We're leaving soon," El said.

Beau smiled hearing her sisters voice. It had been a long few months, but at least they had each other for the time being. Beau knew it was probably wrong to leave her sister after everything that happened, but things just weren't the same with Hopper. That being said, she knew she'd be back for her sister one day...she just didn't know when that day was.

"Don't wait up for me El...don't wait up," Beau switched off the radio.