13

Beau woke up with a throbbing pain all over her body. Looking at her surroundings, she was on a metal table in a white room. Her once ugly sailor uniform was now replaced with an even uglier...but more tolerable, gray suit. The suit itself appeared to be covered in multiple blood stains, all the way from her legs to her chest.

"You're awake...good," A man said walking into the room.

"Where am I?" Beau asked.

"I'll be asking the questions...now who aware you? Or what are you?"

"I don't understand," Beau pulled at the restraints she realized she was wearing.

"My men unloaded two rounds on you and you're still alive...what are you?"

Beaus didn't answer, instead she used what little strength she had to disintegrate the leather straps around her wrists. Once she did so, she jumped off the table and dove towrard the door.

"Stop her!" The man yelled., while firing shots.

Beau took every single shot with a scream of pain. She wasn't sure how she was still alive, but she knew if this kept up...she wouldn't be soon. Taking a few steps around the corner, Beau decided to use the last of her strength to find anyone other than these Russians.

"Stop!" The man said catching up to Beau.

"No," Beau snapped before crating a portal and diving through it.

Beau had still not perfected the portals, so she had no idea where she was gonna land. To her surprise she landed in the forest...near Hopper and Joyce.

"Beau!" Hopper yelled, bending down to grab her.

"Don't touch me," Beau said standing up.

Walking over to a tree, Beau stabilized herself before throwing up the contents of her stomach. She felt so out of it after that jump that she wasn't able to recall what just happened.

"Beau, what the hell happened?" Joyce asked walking over.

"I-I don't-" Beau began to throw up again.

"Are those bullet holes," Joyce grabbed Beaus face and turned her towards the light.

"Yeah...yeah, I think I got shot, but I can't remember," Beau slurred her words.

"Bullet holes?!?!" Hopper grabbed Beau and tuned her around.

Sure enough, all across her face were bullet hole. Around sixteen, eight of them being on her forehead. Doing further inspection, Hopper found the bullet holes also ran down her arms and chest.

"You don't know what happened?!?! You should be dead Beau, look at you!" Hopper yelled.

"Beau? Is that my name?" Beau asked confused.

Whether it was from the bleeding, the shock, or the portal, Beau knew things were taking a turn for the worst...but she didn't know how much worse.

"What are you guys up to?" Beau looked at the random man cuffed around a tree and waved.

"We're looking into something...Hopper can I talk to you," Joyce pulled Hopper to the side.

"She's been shot all over...is there internal bleeding here or something. I mean clearly she's out of it," Joyce said.

"What do you want me to do? I mean considering she alive right now, her body will heal," Hopper said.

"How do you know?!?!" Joyce threw her hands up.

"El got angry and sent a piece of glass through her eye last year...she healed fine,"

"This isn't glass and to top it all of she's so dazed it's insane!"

"Lets see how things play out and if she's not better we'll think of something...yes?"

"You better be right, Hop,"

____________________

Beau sat on the forest floor, watching Joyce explain the situation to Alexei...well at least try to.

"They demagnetized, stopped working," Joyce said "Do you understand?"

"Da," Alexei responded.

"Okay, so is that because of the machines that you're working on?"

"Machina?"

"Machina, machina, yes,"

"Vroom Vroom," Beau said without realizing it.

Alexei smiled at Beau and nodded, also making the same sound. Joyce shook her head, that not being what she meant.

"No not the car...Hess Farm, where we kidnapped you," Joyce snapped.

"Joyce, please!" Hopper yelled irritated.

Beau laughed at Hoppers sudden outburst causing him to roll his eyes. Motioning for Joyce to come help him, Beau was left alone with the Russian.

"You like science?" Beau asked in Russian.

"Yes...I do," Alexei Replied.

Beau smiled, knowing her various languages were the one thing she didn't forget. It wasn't like she could forget speaking Russian anyways, it was the first language she learned. Papa wanted her to be fluent for her missions.

"What happened to you?" Alexei asked.

"I don't remember...I barley even remember my name at the moment," Beau smiled.

"You seem so happy about not remembering,"

"When you have nothing to remember, you have nothing to worry about,"

"That is - Hey! Hey!" Alexei yelled at Hopper.

Turning around Beau could see that whatever he was doing with the car wasn't going to go as planned.

"Shut up, Smirnoff!" Hopper yelled.

Alexei continued to yell, making Hopper get angrier. He turned towards the man and again yelled.

"I said shut your damn-" Hopper was cut off by the car bursting into flames "Shit!"

Beau couldn't contain herself, as she began to laugh hysterically. As of right now, everything around her was funny.

"Beau, this isn't funny," Hopper snapped.

————————-

Walking thought the forest with Hopper, Joyce, and Alexei, Beau found herself slipping in and out of consciousness. She also found herself forgetting more and more of what she knew.

"You okay Beau?" Joyce asked.

Beau didn't reply, she only continued to walk while looking at her feet.

"Beau?" Hopper asked, grabbing her arm.

"Who are you?" Beau asked snapping out of her daze.

"I'm your dad, remember?" Hopper smiled.

Beau shook her head like a small child and pulled away from Hopper. She seemed to be getting worse, but she didn't know why.

"I think she needs Dr. Owens," Joyce said.

"I know that, but we're stuck in the middle of the forest!" Hopper yelled.

Beau flinched away, when Hopper raised his voice, causing him to stop. He gave Beau a sympathetic look before walking towards her. Beau walked backwards, still confused as to what was going on. Suddenly remembering that she could create a portal, Beau did so and dove through.