10

"This'll work," Steve said, seeing the junkyard.

Beau smiled and walked with him. She hadn't even noticed that Lucas and Max were there.

"Hi, Beau," Max said.

"Hmm?" Beau looked up and saw Max "Hi,"

"Let's start barricading the bus," Steve said.

"Yeah," Beau put her hands up, using her powers to wrap and extra layer of metal around the car.

"That's enough, we don't need you weak before Dart and Rex show up,"

"I won't get weak,"

"I said that's enough, let's just use the materials around here,"

Beau nodded her head and walked with Steve to grab some scrap. The two, plus Max, began to attach it to the car.

"So you and Billy," Max said with a smile.

"No, not me and Billy. He's an asshole, left me alone at a party and hasn't talked to me since," Beau snapped.

"He talks about you all the time and you've been in the car the last few times he's picked me up from school," Max handed Beau some rope from the ground.

"If he likes me that much, he can apologize and we'll go from there," Beau took the rope and attached some sheets of metal.

"Between you and me, he's only and asshole because of his father...maybe you can change that. He has been a little nicer since he met you,"

"Wel-"

"Hey! Dickheads! Why are Beau and this random girl the only ones helping me?" Steve yelled at the boys.

Beau smiled at Steve before going back to barricading the bus. She couldn't lie that she liked Billy, but she wasn't sure if she wanted a relationship.

——————

Beau sat next to Steve, watching him flick his lighter open and closed. She was debating whether she should be outside or inside the bus.

"You really fought one of these things? And you're sure it wasn't a bear?" Max asked.

"Don't be an idiot, okay? It wasn't a bear," Dustin snapped.

"Dustin! Don't be an asshole," Beau snapped.

"Why are you even here if you don't believe us?" Dustin ignored Beau.

"Wow, past your bedtime?" Max joked, causing Beau to smile.

"That's good, show her you don't care," Steve said with a wink.

"I don't care," Dustin snapped.

Steve nodded his head and gave another wink. Irritated by Steve, Beau slapped him upside the head.

"What was that for?" Steve complained, holding his head.

"Your dating strategies are crap...I don't even know how you got Nancy," Beau snapped.

"What are you talking about? Girls love when we act like we don't care,"

"No Steve...we don't," Beau stood up and walked towards the door.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Steve said, getting up to block Beau "No one is getting off the bus,"

"I can better protect from the outside," Beau tried to move Steve, but he would budge.

"No, no-" Steve was cut off when Beau turned into a lady bug and flew out of the bus.

Beau stood outside the bus, watching the forest around her. Within minutes of being outside, she heard a small growl.