28

"Are you sure you don't want to go with them?" Dustin asked Beau, as he motioned to Steve, Nancy, and Robin.

"I'm sure, it's only you and Eddie...and truth be told, that scares me," Beau smiled.

Dustin smiled back, just as Eddie walked over. Eddie gave Dustin a quick look, making him blush.

"What was that?" Beau asked.

"What was what?" Eddie asked.

"That look, I saw it,"

"I'm confused as to what you're referring to," Eddie smirked.

"The look, I saw the look,"

"I didn't see a look," Dustin said.

"Clearly there was a look, god damn it I saw-"

"Would you three shut up! We're going into phase two," Steve snapped.

Beau rolled her eyes, as she watched everyone climb into the upside down. Rather than climb herself, Beau turned into and flew through.

"She can shape-shift too?" Eddie asked.

"Cool right?" Dustin smiled.

Changing back into herself, the group began to carry out their plan. Once Nancy, Steve, and Robin left, Beau helped fortify the trailer.

"You don't want any armor?" Eddie looked Beau up and down.

"I don't need armor," Beau replied as she helped him put a sheet of metal on the trailer.

"No one is immortal, what if you get bit by a bat or something?"

"I found you guys with my chest cut open...which it still partially is, so I think I'm good," Beau looked over at Dustin who was grabbing more scrap metal "what was that look you gave him?"

"You're still going on about that? It was nothing," Eddie chuckled.

"I was trained to pick up on this type of shit, so don't play stupid with me,"

"We just had a little chat earlier, that's all,"

"About?"

"No, absolutely not...the bro code says I can't tell you anything,"

"Bro code? What the hell is that?"

"Oh my god, you're joking,"

"No, I don't know what that is,"

"Dustin says you're one of the smartest people ever and you don't know the bro code? Don't you have a girl code or something?"

"What's a girl code?"

"It's like the bro code, but for groups of girls, who are friends,"

"Oh well I didn't really have friends till I ran into the Byers a few years ago,"

Eddie looked saddened by the way Beau talked. She didn't really seem happy to him and knowing that she never really had friends up until a few years ago made that sadness worse.

"Alright, that should be the last of it," Dustin said, walking over.

"Great...I'll meet you guys on the roof," Beau quickly turned into a bird and flew up to the top.

Once she was on  the roof, Beau began connecting the amplifiers. Eventually the guys made it up there and it was time to attract the bats.

"Remember, once they get too close...we get inside," Dustin said.

"Yeah, we will," Beau smiled.

Eddie stood facing the bats, his guitar in his hands. Looking over at the two one last time, he began to play Puppet Master by Metallica.