12

Beau stood at the counter of Scoops Ahoy, taking order after order. Since school was out she could no longer teach the kids, but she still needed money.

"Having fun?" Steve asked sarcastically.

"I wouldn't be working at this shithole if you would've taken me to the summer camp interview! All I asked you to do was pick me up at seven and you couldn't even do that," Beau snapped.

"Are we really doing this again? First off I said I was sorry and second...I would've been there if I hadn't learned you stayed the night at Billy's,"

"Oh so it's my fault? Just because I stayed over at a friends house...You're a piece of shit, Steve,"

Steve scoffed and walked into the back room. Him and Beau had been going at it all summer and Steve couldn't figure out why. He knew his attitude played a part in it, but so did Beaus and as of right now...she was full of rage.

"Oh not you again..." Beau sighed, seeing Erica.

"I'd like to sample Rocky Road, please," Erica said with a smirk.

"You know what, no....shove your Rocky Road right up-" Robin had put her hand over Beaus mouth.

"Excuse us for a second," Robin told Erica, while dragging Beau into the back room.

"What are you doing?!? That's a child you're talking to," Robin snapped.

"I don't know, I'm sorry...I think I'm just gonna go home," Beau removed her had and grabbed her bag.

"Do you want me to drive you?" Steve asked.

"Screw you Steve," Beau turned and went out the back door.

————————-

On the way home, Beau found herself stopping to see Joyce. She found that Joyce was someone who could really help her with life problems.

"Hey Joyce...and dad," Beau said walking into the corner store.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have work?" Joyce asked.

"I left early...I-I got super angry and needed to cool down," Beau walked over to where Hopper was sitting.

"Angry? What was it this time?" Hopper chuckled, as Beau has had many outbursts over the summer.

"I almost told a child to take her request for Rocky Road and shove it up her ass," Beau chuckled and looked at her dad.

"That's awful...you two need to learn to be better with your emotions," Joyce said.

"What did you do?" Beau looked at Hopper.

"I yelled at El and Mike...I'm sick and tired of their relationship," Hopper replied.

Beau nodded her head, as she was also irritated by Mike and El. Since summer started, he had been over non-stop.

"And what did they say?" Beau stuck out her hand and created a cigarette.

"They laughed at me...now give me that," Hopper yanked the cigarette out of Beaus hand.

"What with the chain smoking all of a sudden?" Joyce asked.

"It's my escape from this hellhole I'm trapped in...I mean I'm stuck working a shitty job, El and Mike are annoying, Steve is being a dick. Oh Steve, that little prick...he gets on my nerves every day. He either brings up Billy or some other stupid shit!" Beau yelled before taking a deep breath.

All Hopper and Joyce could do was smirk at each other. To them, Beau had a huge crush on Steve and not being with him was probably where the anger was coming from.

"What? Why are you looking at each other like that?" Beau asked.

"Oh nothing...maybe you should go talk to Steve," Joyce said with a smile.

"Go talk to him? I can't, every time he brings up me staying at Billy's house,"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa...when did you stay at Billy's house?" Hopper asked.

Beaus eyes widened, as she had never actually told Hopper about going over to Billy's. She in fact told him she was staying at Nancy's.

"Well would you look at the time, I've gotta-" Beau was cut off by the phone ringing.

Joyce ran over and grabbed the phone, smiling when she heard the voice on the other end. Looking up at Beau she motioned for her to come over.

"It's for you," Joyce smiled.

"Hello?" Beau said once she grabbed the phone.

"We need you back at the store, we need someone to run and get ice cream," Steve said.

"Yep, I'll be right there," Beau slammed the phone down.

Beau looked up at Joyce and Hopper to see them both smiling. She was so confused as to what there deal was.

"What is wrong with you two?" Beau snapped.

"I think it's adorable that he knew where you'd be after work," Joyce said.

"Oh my god, that's what this is about? You two are insane to think I'd ever date Steve," Beau walked out of the store, her face bright red.

—————————-

Beau walked into Scoops Ahoy and went behind the counter. She figured she was serving the ice cream while Steve or Robin went to go pick up some more.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Steve asked, while sliding open the back window.

"Serving ice cream?" Beau turned around to look at him.

"Not with that attitude, you're going to get more ice cream,"

Beau rolled her eyes and walked into the back room. At the same time, Robin made her way out to the front counter.

"Why can't you go get the ice cream?" Beau asked Steve.

"Because I'm here...working," Steve snapped.

"Dick," Beau pulled open the back door and began walking down the long corridors.

Once she was out by the loading dock, she was stopped by a man in a black suit. He looked her up and down before talking.

"What do you want?" The man asked with a thick Russian accent.

"Ice cream...Scoops Ahoy shipment," Beau snapped.

"Shipments tomorrow, not today," The man motioned for Beau to turn around a leave.

"Are you sure, can I just go check?" Beau tried to walk past the man, but he grabbed her arm.

Beau was not at all pleased with this man attitude, so she decided to punch him in the face. Doing so, Beau knocked the man out and made her way outside. There she was met with multiple guns pointed in her direction.

"Hey...let's not get too-" Beau was cut off by a shot being fired in her direction.

Before she even knew where the bullet had landed, Beau felt the blood dripping down her forehead. Beau reached up and wiped the blood before a full round of bullets was fired her way. Just about every single bullet imbedded itself into Beaus skin, yet she remained standing. The pain was now beginning to set in and Beau fell to her knees. Seeing as she wasn't dead, the men ran and grabbed her body for further examination.