𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 : 𝔽𝕀ℝ𝕊𝕋 𝕀𝕄ℙℝ𝔼𝕊𝕊𝕀𝕆ℕ

“𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑁𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝐺𝑒𝑡 𝑎 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝐶𝒉𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐼𝑚𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

“𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑁𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝐺𝑒𝑡 𝑎 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝐶𝒉𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐼𝑚𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛.”

.

(By the way, in case you're wondering, the above quotes are not mine.)

𝐒𝐄𝐂 𝟎𝟏

Wendy sat in silence observing her surroundings. She felt the cabin move in a rhythmic way. Closing her eyes, her head hung down over her chest in deep thoughts. Her face lit up as a triumphant grin stretched across her lips.

Hallelujah ! My motion sickness is gone!’

She was giggling to herself secretly and Gon who was helping a sick man nearby, stopped for a second to stare at the girl in confusion.

They were currently on a boat bound for the site of the 287th Hunter Exam. Unfortunately they got caught up in a storm so maybe it'd delay their arrival. Most of the passengers onboard were down with sea sickness and no one but Wendy felt for them. She had the best experience of it ; so volunteered to help them along with Gon.

The two other people who managed to persist through the hazard, besides the duo, consisted of a blonde, dressed in a blue-red tabard, white trousers, with cool vibes to mask his mysterious side and a tall man in a suit, with a brief case, a pair of spectacles sitting on the bridge of his nose and bearing (apparently) a narcissistic persona. Yet, his keen, crude gaze was hiding something else, within.

Eventually, Wendy found out that she had totally lost connection with her magic. She could no longer heal. It used to be her greatest attribute. If only she could’ve retained it, the people onboard wouldn't have had to suffer so much.

Meanwhile, the captain had dropped by once to inform the four that they were the only ones to pass noting the fact that the exam had already begun. Wendy learnt the names of the others present as Leorio and Kurapika.

Many events occurred after that including Leorio and Kurapika’s row, Gon’s heroic deed of rescuing a crew man, etc etc. Lastly, they were able to get inside the cabin and catch their breath as the rest of the contestants were sent back to their places via different small boats.

Wendy and Gon slumped together, against the cabin wall, Kurapika and Leorio making themselves comfortable nearby.

“ Wendy, what were you grinning about earlier ?” Gon asked leaning his head against the wooden wall.

During their stay together the girl had provided the boy with a gist of her situation including the part where she can use magic (not anymore). Gon had believed each and every word of her, one of his many aspects that she has come to like.