𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 : ℕ𝔼𝕎 𝕆ℙℙ𝕆ℕ𝔼ℕ𝕋

“ 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝚘𝚗

“ 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝚘𝚗.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

At the end things did go wrong.

Not with Wendy.

But with Gon.

“ Does it hurt too much?”

“ It's not that painful, I guess.”

“ What're you smiling about, idiot ! You had us all worried there !”

They were in Gon’s room with the room owner in his bed, his arm wrapped in a plaster cast, and a few more bandages covered his minor bruises.

Killua’s scolding session had started since eight in the morning. Wendy did all she could to make Gon feel better. It's best to say that she didn't leave his side since he was badly hurt in his match against Gido.

They had met the trio the first time they registered in the two hundreds. Gido, Sadaso and Riehlvelt—the three were dead intent on fighting them. ‘Them’ refers to Gon and Killua. Excluding Wendy. Why you ask? The same reason.

They felt something different with her aura.

And they were not yet ready to fight the unknown. All they wanted were easy wins to finally challenge a floor master and attain the title.

Wendy was deep in thought when she heard the door close behind her. Wing who had come to see Gon gave the latter a good scolding, acquiring the promise that the boy would not practice Nen untill complete recovery.

He left with Killua to discuss something important. Wing had his doubts from the beginning. But when the silverette confessed they were aiming for the top, and nothing else, he relaxed.

“ One last advice. Keep an eye on Wendy.”

Killua’s brows furrowed at that.“ She's not the one to--”

“ I know.” Wing offered a serene smile showing it was not out of suspicion.“Stick together is what I meant. Help her when she needs it but refuses it. You're smart. You can figure out the rest.”

He flinched at his tone. His hands clutched his black shirt unconsciously as Killua stared into the older’s eyes. He was dead serious.

Will it be that bad ?’ He questioned himself but found no logical answer. So he left it at that. Giving a firm nod he walked back towards his room.

“....and it's the thrill of what’d happen next,” Gon told excitedly.“ I couldn't control myself.”

Wendy nodded not really understanding him. She didn't get thrills from fighting someone. On the contrary, she loathes it. But in a way she understood him. It's contradictory. And Wendy left it at that. She has been thinking too much into things, lately.