𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖 : 𝔸ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ 𝔸ℕ𝔻 ℝ𝔼𝕊𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕄𝔼ℕ𝕋

" 𝙾𝚑 𝚖𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚍

" 𝙾𝚑 𝚖𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚍."

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂 𝟎𝟏

" Wendy !"

She looked up at the voice and found a figure, in all black, his face covered by a black veil, waving at her. At first she failed to recognise him but when she got near, the familiar scent greeted her.

" Ju-hmph !" Before she could call him by his name he rushed towards her, covering her mouth. He looked around himself twice and glanced back at the girl.

" It's our secret little appointment. Don't want others to know, do we ?" He smiled as his eyes turned to slits. Bringing down his hand, he turned around," come on, then."

Wendy fell into step beside him and both of them walked through the narrow lane. While walking she noticed a bandage wrapped round his right arm. The tips of his fingers that peeked out of the off-white cloth looked red and she wondered if he got hurt again while practicing his fire magic.

They reached a little crowded area. Juleus, almost instinctively, entertwined their hands and pulled her through the crowd, in order to not seperate.

True to his words he did give her a small tour of the city, covering all the more or less important sites and Wendy couldn't help but applaud him on managing it so well. It was the perfect dream land with permanent smiles on all the faces. One would say he has done the unthinkable.

" But isn't that exactly what I'm here for?" He had replied to her queries. She had not made a comment and stared at him in envy. She wishes to be like him. She strives to be like him.

" Where are we going next ?" She asked when the other declared that this would be their last stop.
Walking on a narrow stone walkway, they attained height. It ended in a long flight of steps. Too many stairs, she thought as she looked up and started ascending it. It reminded her of the first phase of the hunter exams.

Finally, she let out a huff when they reached right at the top. Although she was a little out of breath, Juleus seemed completely fine. Looking forward, she realised that they were standing in front of a shrine.
He led her towards the back of it. Wendy's eyes widened in awe at the view in front of her. The entire city could be seen from up there. It was majestic, with all the lights, at night. She stepped towards the edge where a wooden fencing prevented their fall.

" How do you like it ?"

" It's beautiful....," she whispered still in a daze.

" Yes, it is," but his gaze stayed on the girl beside him. Wendy didn't notice and continued to stare ahead. The dry leaves made a crunching noise as a swift wind disturbed them.