𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 : 𝕋ℝ𝕀𝔸𝕃 𝔸ℕ𝔻 ℙℝ𝔼𝕄𝕆ℕ𝕀𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ

“ 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

“ 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

He said his name was Kite.

Wendy was having premonitions about it from the beginning. All this information about Chimera Ant was too much to grasp. She had no clue what's going on. It took some time and eventually she got the picture in bits.

But the words that didn't seem to sit right with her were—

“ Are you a human ?”

Why is it that everytime she meets someone new, they ask the same question over and over again. It's starting to get on her nerves. And she knew her words had sounded a bit haughty when she had replied with a ,“ why ? Don't I look like one?”

“ Don't get me wrong. Recently, there have been sightings of a different kind of species. Your aura felt different and so I had to be sure,” Kite said apologetically, although his face remained emotionless.

Later he had expressed his doubts against Happy, too. But after a little session of explaining things, he got the entire story. Yet, he left them on a warning note—“ any fishy behaviour and I'll not hesitate to chop off your head.”

And this might be a chief reason as to why there was a constant atmosphere of tension hanging round them. It could be said that Kite had not given his full trust to her neither did Wendy.

It was not a problem for the kind. She's usually very friendly and possess an approachable aura which automatically drew people towards her. But it did not work on the silver, haired man and she was disappointed at the cause he had provided her with.

He prevailed in making her feel out of place and the odd one out.

The boys had noticed it beforehand. Gon tried his best to re-assure Kite on her being harmless, a number of times. Happy, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind the lack of reverence.

“ I understand what you're trying to say, Gon. But as a hunter, it is my duty to maintain caution. I have to guarantee people's safety and security. If something goes wrong, I would be the one answerable for my actions,” Kite answered.

Killua tried to reason with Wendy. He had felt accomplished when the girl listened to him without any protest.

“ I know. I can understand. It's fine with me. I just hope I'll be able to gain his trust, sooner than later,” she replied with a smile.

Happy is a whole different case.

“ He's the one who looks fishy. Or else, why would someone dye their hair white? Doesn't make sense. It's almost....suspicious.”