𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒 : 𝕆𝕌𝕋𝕀ℕ𝔾

“ 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜

“ 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

‘ Where am I ?’

Two bright eyes peered down at Knuckles who tried to adjust to the sunlight flooding in through the window. All he remembered was him engaging in a one-sided fight with Gon, last. There was another boy too but he had forgotten his name. Something with K maybe ? But these two orbs, looking down at him, seemed awfully familiar. As his gaze adjusted to the light in the room, his lips parted in recognition.

“ Wendy !”

The said girl flinched, sitting back in her seat.“ Goodness, you scared me!”

“ I should be the one saying that,” the older said slowly sitting up on the bed. In the corner of his eyes he noticed the two boys from last night. He turned back towards the girl who greeted him with a smile. She picked something up from the bedside table and on closer inspection it turned out to be a cup. She held it before him, offering the beverage in it.“ Thanks.”

Knuckles took it, sparing her a look of gratefulness. He felt something near his feet, shuffling under the blanket. On raising the covers it revealed to be the pup that he had helped last night.“He followed you.” Wendy pointed out.

Putting down the mug he held the creature up in his hands and smiled affectionately as it let out an adorable bark. But all his expressions got erased from his countenance except that of shock.“ Wendy, you're here too ? Don't tell me you....”

Wendy nodded her head.

“...are here to become my disciple !”

The girl fell off her chair, dramatically.“ No, you got it wrong.” She smiled nervously getting back up on her feet.“ I'm a tag-along like Palm-san. Gon-kun and Killua-kun,” she motioned behind her towards the boys,“ are my friends. It's a good thing I don't have to fight. I would have not fought you, anyway.”

Knuckles took in her words and processed them in his brains. He got a rough glimpse of their scenario and nodded thoughtfully. He patted her on the shoulder.“ Well I'm glad I got to meet you here. You seem to have grown.”

“ Really ?” Wendy asked with hopeful eyes, leaning forward. Her cheeks flushed, her smile widened. That's when she heard Killua loudly clear his throat.

“ Ugh...I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it physically.”

“ Eh ?” Gon tilted his head, cluelessly.

“ You did not ?” Wendy asked a little louder, her hopes crashing down.

“ It means your aura seems stronger. You seem to have improved a lot,” Knuckles explained, carefully.