𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎 : 𝕎𝔼𝔸𝕂 𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝔻𝕀ℤℤ𝕐

“ 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐

“ 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

Wendy woke up in an empty room or so she thought. She found herself laying on a clean, white hospital bed. Green curtains were drawn all around. Sitting up with little effort, she found herself bandaged in different places of her body. The threads might have slashed her skin pretty deep. A small band-aid on her cheek finished her look. She was wearing a white hospital shirt and similar pants.

“ Happy ?” She tried to call out. When she talked her voice came off as feeble. The problem must be in her vocal cords was what she thought. But then remembered about her ears. Her hearing senses have weakened quite a lot.

At the exact moment the curtains parted and Figheim’s weary face peeked in.

“ Figheim-kun ! Are you okay ? Where is Happy and everyone ? What about that boy who looked like Killua-kun ?” Point is she was overflowing with her enquiries. And she remembered very little for her vision had become quite hazy due to her bare consciousness at the end of the fight. As a result her memory of Joyo was a blur. The dragon roar she had performed was solely based on her remaining senses.

Figheim looked back inside the empty room, helplessly. It was tiring to go through the long explanation. What's more, the girl seemed eager to get the answers to all her questions.

He let out a huff and entered the curtained area to sit down on a chair near her bed.“ There was a Nen Specialist. He healed your ears. But he said it'll take time for complete recovery,” he said in a dull tone.

Wendy touched her ears thoughtfully. For once, she had thought she had gone deaf. Figheim slowly explained all the details in a tedious voice and didn't stop till the explanation of the last event was precisely described.

“....and Killua has gone back to his house. He said he could save Gon.”
By the time he paused Wendy's head was threatening to burst from all the new information. It was too much to take in, at once. She immediately regretted her action for leaving Gon behind, all alone, back at the NGL. She should've stayed.

“ Where is he ?” She looked up at Figheim.

The boy just added nonchalantly,“ it's not advisable for you to leave your bed for now.”

“ Please, just let me see him once.”

“ No.”

“ But...”

“ No.”

“ Y—”

“ I'll have to use force if you don't listen to me.”