Chapter 2

Ah, Her eyes followed the young Madrigal's as he stared at her sketchbook

Ah, Her eyes followed the young Madrigal's as he stared at her sketchbook. Her thumb gently rubbed the edge of the paper, glancing at her drawing of him once more before answering.

"Yes, I'm certain that's you. Unless you have a twin frolicking around here that I wasn't aware of."

"Well, it is an honor to be drawn so wonderfully by a lady as beautiful as you, Señorita.."

"(Y/N), and who are you?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head, ignoring the teen's flirting. She could see her brother in the background feigning hurt, clutching his chest dramatically as he listened to Camilo's attempt to fluster her. Dios mio! The harsh rejection! She could read her brother's lips as he went on on his theatrics. She wonders why her brother is acting like he's watching a telanovela.

Camilo on the other hand, shifted into three different people before ending on her little brother,

"I'm whoever you want me to be, Hermosa." He replied with a smile. (Which she finds a bit weird in her opinion, seeing Niko, her brother- a literal 5 year old, sending a flirtatious smile on her way.) She couldn't help the small, almost unnoticeable frown forming on her face at his statement, whatever I want him to be? What if I tell him to turn into the Boogeyman? Or to the person he loathes the most? Would he still agree to that? Never mind, She broke that train of thought for a moment to look at Camilo, who by now is back to his normal self, he had seemingly noticed her discomfort at him shifting as her brother. A charming smile still sent her way as he patiently waited for her response, the girl couldn't help but be saddened by this. Surely with all those shapeshifting that he does on a regular basis he'd eventually forget what he truly looks like, right?

With that smile of his, he'd do anything to please the public. To please his family.

She concluded with a sigh escaping her lips as she stood up. Dusting the invisible dirt from her skirt she glanced at him once more, his eyes flooded with confusion when she suddenly offered her hand to him. Hesitantly, he reached out and grabbed it. Warm and soft. He noted, before suddenly getting pulled closer to her. Breathing hitched as he was inches away from her face, breath fanning his face as she spoke softly- as if fearing someone would hear.

"I'd prefer it much better if you'd just be yourself." She gave a tight reassuring grip on his hand before letting him go, he still feel the lingering warmth of her hand on his; his other hand unconsciously reached the other as he stared at the teen in front of him. An uncomfortable feeling on his stomach began to form, and yet for some reason, he didn't want such feeling to go away.

"I'm certain that pretending something you're not can be quite tiresome. All actors take breaks more often than not, and you should as well." She told him before turning around and raising her hand blocking the hot rays of noon as she looked up at the sky. Lunchtime. She noted, and with one last glance she spoke:

"I'd hate to see you lose sight of who you are-" she then began to tear the page she drew Camilo on, and gave it to him. With a miniscule smile she continued, her calm voice flooded his ears a gentle tune of serenity.

"A gift is a gift, don't make it as if it makes up everything of who you are."

With that, she left alongside her brother for lunch. Camilo stood there for a while, wondering what the actual heck just happened and why is his stomach feels like it's going to implode.

Ba-Dump, Ba-Dump, Ba-Dump, the sound of one's heartbeat rapidly beating. Swosh, Swish, Splash, an unfamiliar feeling coursing through him like ocean waves. A peculiar feeling, yet not unwelcome. Tic, toc, tic, toc, the sound of the clock seemingly singing to the beat of his rapidly beating heart, it's time for lunch.

"MAMÍ!" Niko exclaimed, running to his mother attacking her with a big hug- to which the mother enthusiastically reciprocated back. Peppering him with her signature barrage of kisses, as she was about to ask how was their day out on town, Niko pulled his mother closer to whisper something to her.

"Hermana met Señor Camilo earlier and she wasn't even aware that he was flirting at her. It was so sad."

The mother stifled a laugh at this, she remembered when she shamelessly flirt at her husband and getting frustrated that he was very oblivious to her advances. She sent a silent prayer to Camilo, may the Lord above bless that boy with patience akin to that of a saint.

"I wonder what they're whispering about, Papí." The teen mindlessly asked as she helps set the table, her father who's still cooking huffed and pouts, he too wants to know what those two were whispering about, much more so than his daughter, but is too shy to ask his wife.

"Beats me." He replied with a small pout, (Y/N) sweat-dropped at her father looking like a child whose mother didn't let them play with friends. If you're that curious just ask them. She thinks with a sigh, she sat on the chair as she patiently waits for the whole family to settle down and eat, fingers unconsciously drawing circles on the tablecloth whilst her mind wanders to Neverland.

Pepa Madrigal would like to think she knows her son like the back of her hand, as he'd confide to her with almost anything. But this, she stared at the dazed expression her son made as he walked into the dinning room, it was almost as if he's on autopilot as his mind wanders into his own little world. He didn't even get seconds! He always gets seconds! Pepa has no idea what in heavens happened to her son, maybe someone berated him? Did he got into a fight? Oh, if someone dares to even lay a hand on her precious children they-

"Mi vida, mi corazon, a cloud is forming above you."

Ah, clear skies, clear skies, clear thoughts. She chanted like a mantra, her husband rubbing loving circles on her back- asking her what what's wrong whilst fixing the stray hair that covered her face.

"Lo siento, Felix, I'm just worried about Camilo that's all. He's been acting odd, don't you think?"

Odd?

He glanced at his eldest son, who is in fact acting odd. But he could recognize that kind of look from a mile away, for he too, used to look like that- and still does when thinking of his love of his life. His beautiful wife.

"Mi sol, I think our Chiquito isn't so little anymore."

What?

"He's in love~"