Chapter 17

Camilo Madrigal, ever so famous for his talent in entertaining the crowds, is a true actor indeed

Camilo Madrigal, ever so famous for his talent in entertaining the crowds, is a true actor indeed. His jokes and natural charm truly capture the hearts of the people in town, shapeshifting here and there, impersonating people left and right. My, what a people pleaser.

Camilo Madrigal, a teen who prioritizes others more than his own, a young boy who loves his family more than his entire being despite his self-eccentric demeanor he likes to portray.

Portray, what does he like to portray himself to others? Why of course the picture-perfect version of himself, obviously. Where his smile is never changing, only his very being. Where his insecurities are non-existent, completely comfortable in his own skin.

"You truly remind me of the moon," the wind mirthfully frolicking amongst the cold evening, lightly caressing brown curly locks as if agreeing with his thoughts. "So simple yet so beautiful."

Heh, I'm starting to sound like you.

With a sigh, he walked and walked mindlessly throughout Encanto's dimly illuminated street. Sneaking out of the Casita at night to take a walk is certainly not a good idea for a young teen such as himself.

God, I wish you were here.

Longing, it's such an annoying emotion, Camilo would like to bitterly mention. For he can do absolutely nothing about it, only to wallow-drown in such a feeling. He oh so wished that fate would miraculously let him see her, but alas, lady luck can only give him so much.

"It's fine, she agreed to spend New Year's with me. I'll, I'll tell her for sure." Shoving his hands on his front pocket, briefly ceasing his steps. "But what if she doesn't feel the same way?" He murmured, the ugly feeling of doubt swirled within him, slowly but surely consuming his very being.

A myriad of what-ifs and maybe's filled his mind like a turbulent gust of storm, a hurricane in the making.

No, no, she said she doesn't mind relationships if it's with me.

"But what if she meant that as a friend, and nothing more?" He began pacing in a circle, anxious thoughts circling his brain like a vulture on a corpse. "What if she never wanted to be something more? She said it's too troublesome, didn't she?"

But her touch, her words, her actions said otherwise. It confuses him, it confuses him greatly, What ever should I do to you, Cariño? Look what you've done to me.

"You made me turn into a huge mess of emotions."

And I don't know what to do with them.

"God, even if you liked me back, I would've wished you find someone better than- than this, this huge mess that's me."

I would never find myself to be deserving, no matter how much you tell me that I am.

He bit his lower lip in an attempt to stop more negative thoughts flowing through his weary mind, His heart in denial that he was deserving of it, deserving of all of this, deserving of her. He didn't even do anything! He just shapeshifted into her and called her beautiful, then suddenly they're almost inseparable.