Chapter 9

"dislikes?"

"dislikes?"

"Being homeless."

"I see, very random- but understandable. How about likes?"

"Annoying my prima Isabela."

She let out a small yet quiet huff of laughter at Camilo's answers, paintbrush at hand as she tries to paint her friend again- but this time, with added difficulty: Camilo kept on shifting to different people and making weird poses to make her job harder. (He wouldn't admit it, but he just wants to hang out with her more.)

"Please hold still Camilo- and turn back to yourself please."

He did as he was told, his smile still as charming as ever as he watched the girl paint her. She's been drawing him a lot lately, not that he minds or anything- in fact he's quite flattered that she likes drawing him.

"I'm starting to think that you like me with how many times you've been drawing me, hermosa."

"But I do like you though."

His heart skipped a beat at her statement but quickly calmed down as he stared at her innocent face- unknowing of the implications of the words she had said. Ah, she meant as a friend. Ouch.

"Oh yeah, haha! I really like you too-as a friend." He said the last part bitterly, his smile straining a bit at the thought of just being her friend forever.

She should not be saying such words so haphazardly.

"I most especially like this-" she walked towards him, paintbrush at hand. She then circled the right corner of his lips with paint-washable, of course.

"H-hey! what was that for?" Camilo cried, attempting to wipe off the cold paint on his face but to no avail, somehow the girl was much faster in catching his hands.

"I really like it when you smile, it's just as bright and pretty as your mother's sunshine."

She really really should not be saying such words so haphazardly.

But certainly two can play at that game, it's not fair that Camilo is the only one who gets red and flustered here, she has to as well. He's supposed it won't be that difficult to fluster the girl, right?

Right?

"Well, I really like your smile as well. It's like a shooting star, fleeting and beautiful, I rarely get to see it- but I can't help but wish to see it again."

"How flattering, thank you."

Her face did not change, nor did the color of her cheeks tinted even to the faintest shade of red, it's like she's used to it. (she is, Camilo. She is.)

Hands still holding hers, she painted a circle on the back of his hands-her thumb circling his knuckles, caressing it affectionately.

"I also like your hands, not too rough-nor it is too soft. It's just right."

Slowly she lead her hand to intertwine with his, Camilo doesn't know what's even happening anymore. One moment he was trying to fluster her, (albeit, failing quite hard.) the next their hands now intertwined with each other as she showered him with complements.

"And I really like the fact that it perfectly fits mine."

Is... Is she really flirting with him? Because is she's not then she really do be sending mixed signals to poor old Camilo- who mind you, is quite down bad for his little girl-friend over here. Who is seemingly oblivious to his obvious flirts, and the endearing nicknames that he always hear his parents say to each other.

"Y'know what fits more perfectly than this?" He asked, his hand gripped hers a bit tighter as a cheeky smirk spread across his freckled face.

Two can most certainly play at that game.

"What is it?"

"Changing your last name to Madrigal."

...

The silence was deafening, and Camilo is nervous. She had not moved an inch since he said that, in fact, she did not even blinked once. He tried pulling away from her, but her hand gripped his tighter- refusing to let him go.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)~" He waved his other hand in front of her face, out of all the outcomes he had predicted that might happen, this is not one of them.

Was his words so insulting to the point that she stopped responding all together?

"Hey, look I'm so-"

"You're so mean Camilo." She finally spoke, cutting Camilo off but she didn't care. She inched closer, her head now resting on the crook of his neck with their hands still intertwined with one another-refusing to let go.

"You keep making me feel confusing things, feelings I wasn't even aware I'm capable of feeling."

Camilo could feel her breath tickling his neck, the hairs of the back of his neck rising from the contact. This is too much. Too close. He thinks, her usual scent of freshly brewed coffee once again filled his lungs- it was like a drug, he truly can't get enough of it.

Her words aren't registering in his head anymore from all the stimulus he's getting. Her scent, her voice, her touch- it was too much, overwhelming even, he wants to pull away to take a breather but at the same time, he wants more.

Greedy, greedy Camilo that's what he is, and he's not ashamed of it. The heavens graciously blessed him with a goddess, who was he to decline? He'd accept such a blessing and appreciate it with neverending gratitude.

"It's getting late by the way, you should go home."

It's been that long already? Camilo wanted to stay much longer with her, but it's best not to worry his family too much- especially his Mamí.

But her warmth, it's so comforting.

"I can't leave with you all over me, y'know?"

Ah, begrudgingly, she slowly let go of him. Giving a gentle squeeze on his hand before letting go, as if wordlessly telling him she likes his touch.

"I'll come and visit your Casita sometime, probably." She told Camilo as the two walked towards the front door, both still itching each other's touch and warmth.

"Really, when?"

"Soon, now off you go mi cielo."

Huh, wait what?

Before was he even able to reply he was pushed out of the door, with it slamming on his face when he turned around.

Oh, she was totally trying to flirt with him. And Camilo is all for it.

 And Camilo is all for it